holly7

Aug 19, 2011
Thanks to everyone for the tips :)

internet is definitely something ill be willing to fork out for, but if i can find something cheap that will be even better!

thanks for the link of 'what to bring to bali' also very helpful :)

and whoever needed the sunscreen, im happy to bring some for you! lol

gibbndip

Jul 3, 2011
Sanur
OK, thanks I think I have found it at Bulanan
For sure, this plan is cheaper than anything I know of on offer in Australia, but with a quota of 1 GB and speed of 512K it is a bit restricted. It does not spell out what happens when you exceed your monthly quota, but presumably the speed is reduced.

I checked it out again last night at the shop, they said it is unlimited, no quota ??! So I will see over time how it pans out.

gibbndip

Jul 3, 2011
Sanur
We booked a months accom in sanur while we looked for our villa, we got what we wanted in just over a week but that was with some help from the connections we made here last time. Your young with no dependents so relax, most things can be sorted when you get here.

Read up on some of the past posts about medical insurence, I think the main thing you want is medic evac.

holly7

Aug 19, 2011
Yeah im definitely happy to fork it out for some decent insurance and such...

I think we will definitely do that, book something for a few weeks and have a look around to find something longterm, seems like the smartest option.

thanks for the tip, ill be sure to include some sunscreen in my bag as a thankyou haha

Seli

Aug 13, 2011
Helmets

Yeah, sure, I ride a bike here at home and of course a good helmet is a must. But the question was whether you could buy a good one in Bali or you really need to take one from home.

holly7

Aug 19, 2011
im not too concerned with helmets and transport.. its more food/electricity and day to day expenses i needed advice on. thanks thou :)

Apr 26, 2011
Holly I sent you a personal message. Did you see it yet, I never saw mine for ages, you might be doing the same... Aimee xx

holly7

Aug 19, 2011
Yes i did get it, but i cant reply until ive posted more than 10 times on the forum lol :|

holly7

Aug 19, 2011
how much (approximately cos i know it varies) would a simple one bedroom apartment be do you think? were willing to spend about $500 aus a month (so about 4.25 million) and really only need something simple, with warm water not cold! lol

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia
how much (approximately cos i know it varies) would a simple one bedroom apartment be do you think? were willing to spend about $500 aus a month (so about 4.25 million) and really only need something simple, with warm water not cold! lol

You can get that for 1 million a month. simple? you can go even lower than 1 million.. You are a bit batty if you want to spend 5 million a month.

holly7

Aug 19, 2011
You can get that for 1 million a month. simple? you can go even lower than 1 million.. You are a bit batty if you want to spend 5 million a month.

Really? wow. by simple i dont mean a dinky single bed in a dirty little hut though.. lol simple, yet nice. we dont want to live in a fancy villa but we do want to be quite comfortable.. ive been reading up alot on where is best to live/how much to pay. i dont want to live in the main areas ie kuta, but i do want to be close enough to those places to not have to travel hours to get there..

Any ideas on good places? :icon_wink: