Vc,

I think you will find that the 23juta quoted by napiorti is on top of the cost of transprt to Jakarta from OS.

1juta is 1,000,000 indonesian rupiah which is roughly aud$100. So aud$2,300 to get a pet from Jakarta to Bali. I assume that price is per pet however you may get a quantity discount.

HI WERECOMING
Thanks for the conversion, I have just checked my quote from Jetspets it was $2070.00 for 1 dog 3 cats + crates with stay dry fleece IATA approved. (the whole lot) AQIS General Certificate
Customs & AQIS Export Permit
This was just to Jakarta from Gordon Vic overnight stay in melbourne for them, my dog would be beside herself, so as you can see its a very difficult decision

Regards Vera

vcmullis is talking about transportcosts (airflight) to jakarta..not yet the costs of getting a importlicense for all pets, handlingcosts for all pets, quarantaine costs for all pets. Costs from JKT to Bali for all pets.
napiorti is talking the above but without the initial flightcosts (like werecoming says)

Or am I reading wrong?

I still go back to BKT's comment about considering the fact the you are able to get your pets in through this back route but you can never take them out. Having been a reader of this site for many years I have seen a lot of people fail in their bid to make Bali home, they have done all the research and love the place from all their holidays and yet as little as two years later they are gone. I would be leaving the pet at home until I had lived in Bali a full 12 months before i made that move, it's not paradise for a pet in Bali and as hard as it maybe leaving him at home imagine having to leave them in Bali if it all goes wrong.

Thanks for your info on this subject, iam now re thinking my plans to move to Bali without them, as hard as it is, you have convinced me Bali isn't the right place to have pets
I dont want to fail making Bali my new home, I suppose we have to make hard choices to achieve our goals

Thanks for your info on this subject, iam now re thinking my plans to move to Bali without them, as hard as it is, you have convinced me Bali isn't the right place to have pets
I dont want to fail making Bali my new home, I suppose we have to make hard choices to achieve our goals

We brought two dogs to Bali, a labrador X poodle and a golden retriever X standard poodle. We also brought our cat. We now have two more Bali dogs and another Bali cat. Way too many pets. But the dogs are at least as happy here as they were in Australia and I've never been able to figure out why a dog would be less happy here unless they are from far northern very cold climes. I would not bring a malamute to Bali and a husky would probably be better off with a haircut but other than that I just don't see the problem.

Still, if you are willing to leave them in your country there are countless dogs and cats in Bali in desperate need of a good home.

We brought two dogs to Bali, a labrador X poodle and a golden retriever X standard poodle. We also brought our cat. We now have two more Bali dogs and another Bali cat. Way too many pets. But the dogs are at least as happy here as they were in Australia and I've never been able to figure out why a dog would be less happy here unless they are from far northern very cold climes. I would not bring a malamute to Bali and a husky would probably be better off with a haircut but other than that I just don't see the problem.

Still, if you are willing to leave them in your country there are countless dogs and cats in Bali in desperate need of a good home.

What if we can show that the pets we have a vaccinated against rabies. Are you still able to export them to a country like the UK if things don't work out? Are you able to get your pets out of Bali and into Jakarta, in the 'same way' you got them into Bali?

I got a quote from these guys in Aug 2012 and it was 22Mill for 4 cats for processing the paperwork in Jakarta (not including the flights from HK) + 22Mill for transporting them from Jakarta to Bali by road and boat. Not cheap. I guess i can do the paperwork myself from HK to Jakarta, just need a local company to assist from Jakarta to Bali. Anyone know of any cheaper options?

HI WERECOMING
Thanks for the conversion, I have just checked my quote from Jetspets it was $2070.00 for 1 dog 3 cats + crates with stay dry fleece IATA approved. (the whole lot) AQIS General Certificate
Customs & AQIS Export Permit
This was just to Jakarta from Gordon Vic overnight stay in melbourne for them, my dog would be beside herself, so as you can see its a very difficult decision

Regards Vera

I got a quote from these guys in Aug 2012 and it was 22Mill for 4 cats for processing the paperwork in Jakarta (not including the flights from HK) + 22Mill for transporting them from Jakarta to Bali by road and boat. Not cheap. I guess i can do the paperwork myself from HK to Jakarta, just need a local company to assist from Jakarta to Bali. Anyone know of any cheaper options?

Thanks for your hopeful reply Pollyanna
The little dog is very special, Pip was my Husband's little dog and he has passed away, so she is special as all dogs are, so my decision is a hard one, and its hard to move on ,people have said dont let your animals run your life but i have had to give away so much its heartbreaking, i've rehomed 2 alpacas 2goats,goose chooks (lucky a family took them altogether) and 3 dogs, now iam left with 1 dog 3 cats and two talking birds its very easy for people to judge your emotions, and also to sell our lovely property, but coming to bali to be near my daughter may help me start a new life, i can only give it a go

Pip is a 8yr old maltese and i keep her clipped, well thanks its not all doom and gloom

When did you bring over your pets maybe later we could talk about this if that's ok
Should be in Bali late Sep or Oct (need a pet sitter)

Thanks for your hopeful reply Pollyanna
The little dog is very special, Pip was my Husband's little dog and he has passed away, so she is special as all dogs are, so my decision is a hard one, and its hard to move on ,people have said dont let your animals run your life but i have had to give away so much its heartbreaking, i've rehomed 2 alpacas 2goats,goose chooks (lucky a family took them altogether) and 3 dogs, now iam left with 1 dog 3 cats and two talking birds its very easy for people to judge your emotions, and also to sell our lovely property, but coming to bali to be near my daughter may help me start a new life, i can only give it a go

Pip is a 8yr old maltese and i keep her clipped, well thanks its not all doom and gloom

When did you bring over your pets maybe later we could talk about this if that's ok
Should be in Bali late Sep or Oct (need a pet sitter)

We moved to Bali just over 2 years ago. I'm happy to talk whenever you like and I'm always happy to talk about our pets.

silly me i read it all wrong gilbert, must need new glasses or had a senior moment i understand now it was about getting pets from JAKARTA TO BALI
regards vera

Back