Well the ban on imports was a reaction to the rabies outbreak. If they succeed in getting Bali declared rabies free again, then there could be a chance. But that won't be any time soon.

if you do a search on the forum (searchbox) I am sure you'll find some tips and alternatives to the 'leaving behind'...

I myself could never leave my dog, so I brought her over...as did many other people.

Hi Gilbert

I have searched and searched for info on this forum NO DOGS ALLOWED just seen your reply to Lea and my mind boggles I can get my dog to Jakarta whats the secret of getting her to Bali. Would appreciate any info you can share Regards Vera

Vera, the topic has come up very often in the past, so a search on the forum should provide all the answers as Gilbert says. Such as this thread:

Even though the post is from last year, I don't think anything has changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for reply

i will start the process of bringing over pip asap. Jetpets will take her to jakarta then i suppose the hard part starts, several expats have said groovypets or lion, will check out those two when i come over soon, just hope i dont stuff things up for her, next item on the agenda iam going to look for a house to rent or buy, if you rent can you do things to improve it . My note book is full of info to check out, i hope i have the time to enjoy the surroundings this is my seek and find mission hoping to be there late august/early september

vcmulliss, there are ways to bring pets into Bali but getting them out is another thing, you'll need to take into consideration that they will remain here for the remainder of their lives.

you got that right BKT..
before even thinking about the process of bringing a pet, one should consider all the pro's and con's..
on top of that visa's sorted and at least a house ready wich is suitable for the pet.

Today I got a quotation from JekPetz saying Option1(with quarantine 14 days) 19juta, Option2(w/quarantine 1-3days) is 23juta. That includes clearance in Jakarta and land transport from Jakarta-Bali around 30-35 hours trip with AC vehicle. Now, that is too much to pay. I just sent a request to Groovy today and see what does they say.... hopefully not to expensive. No dog will replace my dear Frenchie. I am desparate to take her with me....Please PM me if anyone has better idea doing this...:friendly_wink:

How much is 1juta i haven't learned how to convert yet which causes me all sorts of problems, i had a quote from Jetpets for 1 dog 3 cats plus crates for $2100.00 to Jakarta iam scared to bring them, in case something goes wrong, so i have delayed my trip again, its pretty tuff when you have pets to consider

Will the laws ever change to allow dogs/pets back into Bali
Who live overseas...?..

Maybe you should read the bali news post about Pedigree dog napping here in bali, it is, apparently, a thriving business, with one woman's dog being held to ransom.

Back