cost of building a swimming pool ?

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
When I am at home Maria is constantly in the kitchen cooking up some wonderful food, I remember however in the early days when we decided to live in the UK. I would teach her some western style cooking and then when she cooked it she would always add her own twist to things.

Cottage pie would have lemon, ginger and chillies added. We are used to it now but the suprise on my face when I first tried it would have made a classic photo for the archives.
:D

OK, I'm wading in here a bit late here (no pun intended) and the string seems to have gone a bit off subject but here goes anyway.

I'm in the process of building which includes a good size pool. There is a company doing ozone systems which apparently use alot less salt so gives it a real fresh water feel - the thing is I dont know anyone else already using this system in Bali.

Anyone have any constructive advice on this one?

sheppo

Apr 14, 2008
Aussie soon to be barlo
Hi,we got a 5m x 2.5 m x 1.2 m deep built for 35 mill so I think we did pretty well, its all tiled and on the second floor of our house in Kuta. You just have to shop arround and get a price before you start or else. we are back in Bali on the 27th december 08 for 6 weeks so give me a call on +628123871640 the contractor that did the job for us is a great bloke with some excellant tradesmen arround him. Happy to help mate.

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
its all tiled and on the second floor of our house in Kuta

Please don't tell me that your master bedroom is on the first floor...and directly under your pool! :p :p :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

BaliLife

Mar 27, 2007
Pools aren't particularly cheap in bali, funny enough.. Sure they're cheaper than in australia but not by as much as one might think.. You can of course finish it beautifully for a fraction of the cost - if you choose rocks or something that would be prohibitively expensive in australia.. I'm meeting our guy tomorrow, for our stonework, I believe the pool rock tile is "batu suka bumi" or something to that effect - I need to re-check the name.. Its a "sleatish" stone with a green tone.. Almost no joint grout which is what I like - grout in joints is always the first thing to deteriorate..

Ct

Roy

Nov 5, 2002
Ubud, Bali
If you ever invite me for dinner, will you mind if I sit under the dining room table? :D

Pools aren't particularly cheap in bali, funny enough..

Kenapa??? they sure are, or at least they are by US standards. You might be right about OZ, but we could never have afforded our pool here if it were to be built in California.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
You are picking up a thread that has been dormant for 3.5 years. Many people in that discussion are no longer active on this forum.