Markit

Does anyone know where on Bali these, for want of a better term, convertible bread baskets are made? You know the ones the small baskets with the netting that comes up over to keep the bugs off - many are painted in garish Asian colours but never mind.

I've been to Bone the center of bamboo furniture making on the island and although they had these things there they didn't make them themselves.

I'm sure there's one little village where that's all they do there. So if you know it please share. I want about 50 of em to take back. They make brilliant pressys and nobody has em in Europe.

Cheer Markit

I know exactly which baskets you mean. I sold a whole bunch at a show in Germany.... really popular! One of the expensive mail order catalogs had them two years later.

I will ask my sister where to get them when I'm back in bali (IN 1 1/2 WEEKS!!!! YAY!!!). I had them in natural basket with black and colored netting and in all sizes....

Will get back to you if you can wait that long.

Does anyone know where on Bali these, for want of a better term, convertible bread baskets are made? You know the ones the small baskets with the netting that comes up over to keep the bugs off - many are painted in garish Asian colours but never mind.

I've been to Bone the center of bamboo furniture making on the island and although they had these things there they didn't make them themselves.

I'm sure there's one little village where that's all they do there. So if you know it please share. I want about 50 of em to take back. They make brilliant pressys and nobody has em in Europe.

Cheer Markit

Sounds great :icon_lol:

Hi Mark,
have you checked in Tegalalang (Jl. Raya Andong up to the north)? I believe that this is the place where big orders are placed for export. Prices are definitely less than in the shops. Hope this helps.

maybe your old Bone friend can find out?

That's an offer you certainly can't refuse, Mark :) - to answer your question, I dont' know if these baskets are only made in this particular area. I am assuming that by now (since it has been in market for quite some time) there are many sources. Whether it's in the village of tegalalang or somewhere else.

Sorry to be so dim but who is "my old Bone friend"?

I can think of a number of jokes, riddles or verses to enliven this discussion (There was a young man from Bone) but I get the feeling you mean someone in particular?

Bone,Bona,Bono

Sorry to be so dim but who is "my old Bone friend"?

I can think of a number of jokes, riddles or verses to enliven this discussion (There was a young man from Bone) but I get the feeling you mean someone in particular?

Well,me of course!Bone,Bona,Bono,it is all the same place.As you can see in the little square left of this message that is where i live.
If you were in Bona,you should have dropped in to select your B&W pictures for scanning as i asked you to do before.
If you want to create a limerick it better start with"there was an old man from Bone".

Well,me of course!Bone,Bona,Bono,it is all the same place.As you can see in the little square left of this message that is where i live.
If you were in Bona,you should have dropped in to select your B&W pictures for scanning as i asked you to do before.
If you want to create a limerick it better start with"there was an old man from Bone".

Yeahhhh, exactly me being dim. Um haven't been thru Bone in a while but do intend to swing thru this or next week so PM me with your contact details if the offer is still open and I'll try to make a date of it OK? Would love to get some of the pictures for sure and to meet you too, of course :icon_wink:

Back