spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Our staff said they can't find coconut milk anywhere and I read on Facebook there is some kind of shortage? It seems a strange ingredient to have a shortage of in Indonesia. Is there only one company producing the stuff? We have a few coconut trees, but it is quite an effort to make it yourself.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Coconuts are a bitch to milk, they never stand still.

Was in Hardys in Amlapura yesterday and the shelves were full - tomorrow I'll go down really early and buy it all.

Then I will have cornered the markit and can then dicktate the price and conker the world (stroking a small white cat in his lap) muuuuhhaaaaahaaahaaa!!!

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Coconuts are a bitch to milk, they never stand still. !!!

Coconut milking and pool putting...life in Bali is so full of interest.
I was with a friend who bought some land east of Sanur to build a villa. He said it used to be a shrimp farm...I thought he was nuts...I've seen old ladies plant rice seedlings in the sawa but cannot visualize them planting shrimp...wouldn't they squirm away?

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I am missing something here. Why not make your own. We operate a cooking school and show people various basic things such as making coconut milk. Most are amazed at how simple it is to make.
We also make the wrappers for spring rolls, again people are amazed at how simple this is to do. Of course we make our own bread and also our own pastry.

Natasha

Dec 1, 2010
Kerobokan
I am missing something here. Why not make your own. We operate a cooking school and show people various basic things such as making coconut milk. Most are amazed at how simple it is to make.
We also make the wrappers for spring rolls, again people are amazed at how simple this is to do. Of course we make our own bread and also our own pastry.
@no.idea-- what cooking school is this??!! I know how to make my own coconut milk, but not spring roll wrappers! I'm interested!!