Child predators threaten lives of Balinese youth

5 years ago i was in the bali holiday resort (now named puri saron)and at the same floor was an 60 years old spanish man .
he had different young boys in his room , aged between 10 and 16 , he was walking arround with a camera all day . i got suspicious and talked with the young boys and asked them what was going on but they avoided my questions.
what i am trying to tell , nobody is doing anything , they all think , its not my buisness.....money and having a job is so important.
this way these dirty people can get away with this actions.
i think there should be more publicity about this things whats going on and show the balinese people if they dont do nothing about it , we will not come again, sorry for my bad english , grtz jokko

Jokko, your post is well written and disturbing. And you make an excellent point. The tourists by themselves won't be the ones to stop this problem. When you've visiting a place for a short time it is too easy to miss what is really going on. But, as you pointed out the employees of the hotel knew exactly what was happening and felt helpless or frightened to do anything about it. The problem of pedophilia and all other forms of exploitation of children needs completely exposed and everyone needs to be educated about it. Otherwise it won't improve.
Another issue the Balinese may not have considered when they turn a blind eye is that pedophilia by westerners is introducing a sickness to Bali that is only going to get worse as more children are targeted. Those who abuse were usually abused themselves.

Sully,
It is obvious you have not read either of my two previous posts. I clearly state, [even in bold letters in the one you quote] that I am not against publicity. Also, what do you mean by " most tourists wouldn't have the faintest idea of the advertising the area as a 'haven' unless you are one and locals would know you." ?

I mean most tourists coming to Bali would not read the literature about the area being a haven for paedophiles. It would not even cross their minds to think of something like that. I would assume the locals know who the paedophiles are and know you are not one.

As I said before : - I would like as much publicity as possible to put pressure on the authorities to do as much as possible to stop it. I do not mean in a publication for paedophiles but in mainstream media, documentaries etc.

The answer to all these things is really, really simple - get involved! That's it (as someone here used to say...) Kiddy Fiddlers are a problem the world over not just in Bali or Indonesia or even just in the 3rd world.

If you see something that isn't right - ask or complain.

Back