longqi

Jun 4, 2010
That has been the major problem so far

It seems that Immigration does not want to answer specific queries
They simply say ask your notary

So then I ask three notaries for three totally different answers

Now back at square one, I am flying over to Bali/Jakarta again just to try and find a notary who knows
what they are talking about
I would have thought after twenty phone calls and countless emails I could have had three simple questions answered but every Bali notary I have tried either cannot or will not answer the questions

If anyone has any idea of a Notary who understands English and is prepared to be honest please get him to contact me

Peter

lujanid@yahoo.com

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
it will also be very adorable if someone copy-pasts the adress here!:icon_wink: This is a great Bali problem that no one knows exactly in addition to their poor english

PeteD

Oct 22, 2007
Indo
Suggesting a Notary depends on the area you require one.

OK... Your business problem. You say it's tourist orientated, does that mean you take bookings and provide marketing, etc from your Australian offices? If so, please read below for my suggestion, but do note, I am not a lawyer or a notary.

So basically if you provide reservation and marketing services in Australia for the Bali based business, I'd suggest for yourself you only need a business visa. You will still need the CV or PT for the Bali side of the operation. A CV is certainly adequate but paying $3,000 for a basic trading company is too much.

Draw up an agreement between your Australian company and the newly established Bali company stating your Australian company is acting as reservation and marketing services in Australia, thus giving you legitimacy in interacting with the staff in the Bali office and also good reason for the Bali company to sponsor you for multi-entry business visas.

As long as you don't actively promote yourself as the owner of the Bali business or print up business cards stating this, you should be fine with regards to any immigration enquiries. The burden of proof needs to be catching you in the act of working or seeing business cards printed in your name with Bali company name and position, or having a Bali bank account receiving regular local payment, etc. But at the end of the day, you may still get hassled by an immigration officer, that's part of life here.

You can also set up fee structures in the agreement showing what payments need to be paid to your Australian company for their services if need be, thus removing you from gaining direct income in Bali.

Good point by spicyayam, though you can use any address for the akte CV, to later get the trading license you will need to IMB for the office space. That could add another expense, plus don't forget, often other fees present themselves depending on which way the wind is blowing.

This is just a suggestion, I'm sure no Notary or Lawyer would give this advice to you as it would take income from them having to set up a more complicated business model with a work permit attached.

Good luck.

nikita7

Jul 8, 2010
moscow
Suggesting a Notary depends on the area you require one..

good notaries can be count by fingers of one hand i suppose.
For me it is the south and west of Bali, if someone knows real good ones, please type them here.

Best Regards

BaliHIC

Jul 19, 2010
Professional advice

It is difficult to give you advice because you only want to accept an answer that suits you. We are not experts in here and most of the advice we give is based on hearesay. My honest suggestion to you is to approach a professional or agency who know the law regarding such matters that way you will be absolutely sure that what you are doing is correct and lawful.

In here we can only give opinions which are not much use if with all the will in the world we are wrong and you get pounced upon by immigration or tax people.

Jimbo

This is one of my first replies on this (and any other forum) - I hope I've done it correct - new concept for me.

I also am seeking referrals and/or contact information about lawyers/notaries/business brokers, etc and am wondering if you would have recommended contact information. My intention is to meet with these types of professionals to establish a network to assist me in researching investment/retirement options in Bail.

Hope you may be able to assist.

coffee corner

Aug 25, 2010
business in bali

Sorry. I have no experience with such in Bali itself.
We are 4 Australians with a Balinese shareholder who have recently opened a business in Bali.
To say the paper trail is a nightmare is an understatement !!!!. We were lucky enough to find a great consultant & lawyer who (for a fee !!) established our company. If you would like further details send me your email address & I will give them to you. Sorry don't want to post details without the companies authority first.

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your business. Can you share what kind of business you started and how is it going so far?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Simple rules of thumb in dealing with Balinese notaries:

Go before 9am, take lots of water, cigarettes, gum or something to read.

Have all the documents you can possibly think of.

Take an interpreter (even if you hear they can speak English - they can't!).

Think of 10 different ways to explain your problem.

Tell them you have been refered to them by the next one down the road. (it motivates)

If they try and send you away or to another notary then go back - they are honest enough to not want your business.

Don't expect to get western resolutions to Eastern problems.

Have a nice day!:icon_biggrin: