lestat

Mar 28, 2008
bali
There's a sports club near my house (East Gatot Subroto) with a decent half court, perfect for 3-on-3. Problem is, there's only 3 of us, so we have to resort to playing 21 and kiddie games like horse and around the world. It would be nice to get more competition out there, so if anyone's interested, either IM me or reply here. Ticket is 100k for 4 visits (valid 2 months I think) but I may be able to get you a discount since I'm a member there.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
better yet just shell out 300k and become a member for 3 months (4 months if you refer a friend). There's a decent workout area, daily classes, large swimming pool, basketball and tennis courts.

MartinL

Jan 21, 2009
I'm not a big basketball player, but I would love to know about the sportsclub you are a member of. I've resently setteled in Denpasar and are looking for a good place to do some swimming, fitness and sports. Can you perhaps give me a name and address?
Appreciate it, sinberly, Martin

akucintabali

Aug 11, 2008
Hi,
i arrive in bali in mid april for at least six months, i would love to join you guys in basketball. i havent played it since highschool! so if your games are fun, friendly and non competitive then count me in :) where is this sports club? i'll be living in seminyak.

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
It's on East Gatot Subruto, in a complex called Teras Ayung, the entrance is next to a Pertamina gas station. Drive in and turn left and you will see the gym on your left.

lestat

Mar 28, 2008
bali
ok i guess the location is covered. where are you guys from? if you're up for basketball we play on thursdays 3 or 4pm. pm me or calitobali for more details.

MartinL

Jan 21, 2009
Thanks for the directions, I'll try and find it - would be nice to get a little active again ;)

izidrew

Feb 10, 2010
Hello I will be in Bali as from the 17th of March in the area of Seminyak
could anyone tell me how and where to find a place to play Basketball
many thanks :?

motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
Howdy, the best place for a pickup game is the army base (KODAM) near Macro supermarket, on Mondays and Thursday evenings...I think. Plenty of locals and a good mix of expats too. We had a game on Wednesday evenings at the Canggu club before, not many people turned up and everybody has gone their separate ways now( at one stage we were having @25 people ).
Check out KODAM, a local will advise you on the directions.

izidrew

Feb 10, 2010
Hello Motormouth, thank you for the Info. About Canggu club, I will be just 5 minutes away let me know if you feel like a pickup game, regarding the military base (KODAM) can you tell me at what time do you play on Mondays and Thursdays. Many Thanks

Izidrew

izidrew

Feb 10, 2010
Hello motormouth could you tell me at what time the game takes place at KODAM and if you are stil gettig together at canggu club

many thanks
Izi

Romster

Dec 30, 2012
Anyone still get together for a Basketball game? I am trying to organize one maybe in Canggu. Let me know....

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
I stopped playing at Canggu due to the IDR 40,000 per game fee. Kodam is still happening on Thursdays and Fridays, not sure about Mondays, There are some good runs on Mondays and Thursdays at Merpati just off Jl Cargo. Saturdays at Gore theres runs from 3 till 7. It pays to know some of the players there though to get a run. Most places 20 to 30 people show up so it pays to get on early.. and not lose :)

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
Hi !

the topic is bit old .. but I guess it is never late for little outdoor activitas ....

so anyone still playing streetball/basketball ?

Anyone know any outside, or any courts ?

I know there is one court in Renon park near that monument .. but is devastated ! I know there is one court (militer) just across Robinson in center of Denpasar ... but it is allso a bit devastated (unplayable)

I know for few schools .. but I do not know how convinient it is ... (there is one court on begining of Jl. Majapahit, whenyou go to Jl. Mataram , school court with little graveyard !!!, so I wonder how convinient is toplay in there , or are you able at all)

Anyone for one on one , two on two , or three on three ... (Or anoyone knows where to play ?) I am 186cm .. total amateur ...

And BTW on that KODAM .. is that open court or ...indors ?

I bought the ball ... now i need to get court and preferably opponents/players :D

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Kodam is an indoor court. My post above yours is still relevant for runs there. I've only ever seen school kids play at the Robinson court and no one I know plays there. From what I know the Renon courts don't have rims on the backboards, this might have changed since the last time I was there. LA lights are actually holding a big street ball competition there on the 22nd of this month, they'll be using there own rims and backboards though.

I'd head down to Kodam if I was you, runs start at 7. When you get to the gates you need to stop and ask/tell the guards you want to play basketball, just tell them you have friends there.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
No .. still missing the rims in Renon :-( ... will recheck on 22th i guess :-D

In meantime I might try at Kodam but sounds crowded ...

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
Just a quick photo from the tournament on Satuday, my team managed to come away with the win.

993766_639640052731267_552032065_n.jpg

I think LA lights may have donated rims to the Renon courts when they left on Saturday.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
I just came from near JAK ... great news (new rims) ... great weather (cloudy) for a game ... will check tomorrow :D

Time to play ..... yeeee

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Haven't play a decent basketball since the last decade, the last time i shoot the ball was on a small hoops game in one of those kiddie arcade in Jakarta
If there's a decent rim in Ubud area, I would love just doing some shoots, i failed so miserably in the kiddie arcade :icon_redface:

emilylipp

Mar 29, 2013
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Are there any women teams around? Maybe even mixed teams? I was an avid basketballer back home and haven't been able to get my hands on a basketball in a while ... starting to feel the kilos creeping on in.