sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
KITAS / IKTA are two different things...father, mother, two kids...they all have a KITAS but let's say only the father have the working permit (IKTA) than with this scenario just him has to pay more money

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
The word from my agent is that the $1,200 USD which previously went to Jakarta will now stay in Bali.
She is not aware of any changes in regulations that would result in a double payment for KITAS holders who are working.

I hope and pray to all the Gods on this Island and a few on other Islands that is true. We don't make enough to pay that, I'd have to look at other ways, like sukamabali's idea of a Business visa for at least one of us, it would be a pity as if we had to make a choice and pay it we'd have to give up the money we spend on our charitable stuff so 200+ Balinese students would actually end up suffering.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
The word from my agent is that the $1,200 USD which previously went to Jakarta will now stay in Bali.
She is not aware of any changes in regulations that would result in a double payment for KITAS holders who are working.
According to balidiscovery.com the Rp1 million per month fee "will apparently be paid in addition (my emphasis) to another US$1,200 fee already charged as a contribution to a training fund by the department of Manpower when renewing work permits each year".

Bali News: High Cost of Playing by the Rules in Bali

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
Shit! won't tell hubby right now as he nearly beat up our builder tonight for ripping us off so timing not good, thanks for the info.

According to balidiscovery.com the Rp1 million per month fee "will apparently be paid in addition (my emphasis) to another US$1,200 fee already charged as a contribution to a training fund by the department of Manpower when renewing work permits each year".

Wonderful. Official information is confusing everybody as usual.
One wonders if it's the usual Indonesian kite-flying to gauge the extent of the backlash - if it's too big, they'll say "It was a misunderstanding."
If everyone grits their teeth and pays, they just rub their hands with glee and come up with some other rip-off.

I know of at least one expat who has been told by his company that if a double fee comes in, he is out of a job. Wonder how many more are in that boat?

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
What if the Balinese themselves would contribute more & pay some taxes from time to time as well? Oh wait can't do that as they won't be happy....try to squeeze the money out of the foreigners they can't vote and if they complain officials can pretend to not understand them...

Last edited:

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
Bali News: High Cost of Playing by the Rules in Bali , High Cost of Playing by the Rules in Bali
Bali Preparing to Charge US$100 Per Month Training Fee on Expat Workers

it will be proposed in May , maybe it will get passed and maybe not ? but if the proposal is voted YES for a go ahead - you will then pay double (ie; $1200 for the Govt , + another $1200 per year for the proposed training tax = $2400 per year is payable , ie; if the proposal in march is granted )

Anyway foreign workers shouldn't be feel too cosy and comfortable here anyway If their employers are working to the Kitas regulations , as a foreigners employment here requires that they are bringing some form of expertise to the island , and there is not a local available for employment for that position , and the foregners employment is only intended to be a temporary solution , as regulations states that a local should be trained up till fill your shoes within 3 years (often not possible , but sometimes its more than sufficient )

Last edited: