Idgas

Apr 12, 2011
London (Bali in November)
Hi All,

I am moving to Bali and starting up a business later in the year and was wondering if there are any Business Clubs in Bali, where I can go and meet/chat with other business owners?!

I have tried to get as much info from this forum from other members that have gone through the same process I will be going through, but it would also be great to meet up with people who have already trodden the same path and know the pit falls.

In the UK we have Business Breakfast clubs were you bounce ideas and do business with other business owners, so would be great if something similar exists in Bali.

Thanks all in advance

Simon

Gee

Jan 22, 2011
Buisness Club

Hey, Simon.

I too will be in Bali setting up as of October so would love to get likeminded heads together and see what comes of it.

Let's talk. Email me at grahamdickinson1 at gmail dot com and we can go from there.

All the best ,

Graham.

Idgas

Apr 12, 2011
Hey, Simon.

I too will be in Bali setting up as of October so would love to get likeminded heads together and see what comes of it.

Let's talk. Email me at grahamdickinson1 at gmail dot com and we can go from there.

All the best ,

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply, I will drop you an email as it would be good to chat about both our future ventures.

Cheers

Simon

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
A number of the expat business owners would not bother going to a business club or a business meeting. The life here is laid back and many folk want to keep it that way.
On a typical day I may chat with a couple of hotel owners, a few restaurant operators, a bar owner or two, the Australian Consulate General, the guy who operates fast boats to Lombok, a property developer, the news reporter or the guy farming vegetables. However none of this is done in a formal matter. Normally it is done standing around and casually having a beer.
This is when things such as various permits, liquor licences, general prices, cars for sale, houses to lease and a multitude of other things are discussed.
In Sanur if you visit places such as White Sands, Ducks Nutz, Barbs Sports Bar, Angels or the Bali Senia Hotel you will get to meet some genuine basic folk who are more than willing to assist you.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
.................. I assume the Rotary Club has a website so will search on here and google.

There are around 15 Rotary Clubs in Bali. To see them all listed go to Rotary.org: and click on Club Locator (top right), and simply enter Bali. Most have web-sites and from these you can judge whether the club is mostly Bahasa Indonesia or English or both. Pick one and go to a meeting as a visitor to get an impression. To become a member, there is a process, but as most clubs need members, they will help to make it easy.

Idgas

Apr 12, 2011
Thanks Mat and Ronb for your replies I will check out the Arena in Sanur when I get to Bali and look at the Rotary club websites.

Do either of you run businesses in Bali?

Thanks
Simon

Idgas

Apr 12, 2011
A number of the expat business owners would not bother going to a business club or a business meeting. The life here is laid back and many folk want to keep it that way.
On a typical day I may chat with a couple of hotel owners, a few restaurant operators, a bar owner or two, the Australian Consulate General, the guy who operates fast boats to Lombok, a property developer, the news reporter or the guy farming vegetables. However none of this is done in a formal matter. Normally it is done standing around and casually having a beer.
This is when things such as various permits, liquor licences, general prices, cars for sale, houses to lease and a multitude of other things are discussed.
In Sanur if you visit places such as White Sands, Ducks Nutz, Barbs Sports Bar, Angels or the Bali Senia Hotel you will get to meet some genuine basic folk who are more than willing to assist you.

Thanks no-idea for your reply, I hope to meet local/expat business owners in the way you suggest aswell, I also believe you often get more/better info from these kind of informal meetings than at any official club meetings.

I do however like a casual meeting once a month (or every 2 months) at some business club. The one's in UK that I have attended again are very informal and only for an hour of two with refreshments (beer or two haha), these can be a good place to meet other like minded people and make new business friends. :icon_biggrin:

julias.andre

Jul 28, 2011
Denpasar Bali
Hi Graham,

Thanks for the reply, I will drop you an email as it would be good to chat about both our future ventures.

Cheers

Simon

hi guys, im lokal guy and running on guide investment company.and i just interested with your plan in bali, send me email to telusurbali at gmail dot com we could give you some advice about building business in bali.