balinews

Bali will be the shooting location for another Hollywood movie. The movie titled “I, Alex Cross” is expected to be released next year.

“This is a chance for us to introduce Indonesian culture, and Bali as an international destination, as well as opening opportunities for Indonesian creative industry players to participate in the filming process,” Tourism and Creative Economy Minister Mari Elka Pangestu said on Tuesday as quoted by Kompas.com.

The movie will be directed by Rob Cohen, the director of “Fast and The Furious”, and will be shot at Jasri Beach, Karangasem, Bali.

Based on a popular novel by James Patterson, the movie will star Tyler Perry as detective Alex Cross. In the film, Cross will hunt down murderer Gilles Mercier, played by French actor Jean Reno.

The movie, facilitated by the Bali Film Center, will employ 35 local crew and 20 Indonesian supporting actors.

Last year, the island of the gods was also chosen as a location for a Hollywood drama titled “Eat, Pray, Love” starring the American sweetheart actress Julia Roberts.

Second Hollywood movie to be shot in Bali | The Jakarta Post

Won't need it Gil I'll be with em given half a chance...

Bit of a quandry though since I looked on the official website and the film seems to be all about Detroit. Can't quite see how he's going to work Bali beach scenes into a film about Detroit since everytime I've been on the Great Lakes it sure don't look much like Jasri but maybe that's the wonder of CGI. But if they are going to use CGI why do they need Bali anyway?

All a bit of a mystery... so far.

Ha! Just met Mrs. Cohen with her 3 kids on the road walking by the house and so will ask hubby when I get the chance...

Back