balinews

Feb 14, 2010
Indonesia AirAsia will add a fourth daily service to the Perth to Bali route as government figures reveal that traffic on the route has doubled.

Last year, 339,000 holiday-makers flocked to Bali as five airlines offered up to eight flights a day with bargain fares.

AirAsia general manager Australia Darren Wright said yesterday the demand for the airline's three daily services from WA had been incredible.

“We have excellent loads and a fourth service will further grow the route,” Mr Wright said.

AirAsia's low-fare impact is not confined to the Bali route with its twice-daily services to Kuala Lumpur doubling traffic to more than 200,000 passengers a year.

Once on the ground AirAsia has more than 80,000 hotels most with special deals across Asia available through its website.

However the AirAsia deals have impacted tourism in WA with a 6.8 per cent decline in travellers seeing their own state last year.

According to Tourism Western Australia figures for the year ending December 2010 the number of trips declined from 4.17 million to 3.89 million although room nights only declined 1 per cent and spend stayed about the same.

However as a three year trend the figures were troubling with almost double digit declines in the three key measures – visits, room nights and spend.

AirAsia adds to Bali flights - The West Australian

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Yes, Indonesia is on the list labelled "Destinations for which we advise you to reconsider your need to travel" and has been for years. But every now and then they change the wording of the detailed advice and get press coverage. I guess this is what Gilbert thought they may need to do again.

Fred2

Oct 13, 2010
Surabaya/Australia
I think goldminer maybe on the list of travelers to watch, to many trips & that big board cover looks over full????????:icon_mrgreen:
The Australian government will always put Bali on the watch list :icon_sad:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I think Bali should issue a travel warning for Australia...

Just imagine if they did - poor, little, 3rd world country issues a travel warning against big, wealthy, underpopulated Oz.

It would trully rot their fecking socks off. Particularly if the world press got ahold of it.

I like the idea more and more... I may just do it. :icon_lol:

Frosty

Mar 6, 2011
Funny that when ever there is some conference on in Bali all the Australian Government ministers and hangers on always seem to ignore there own travel warnings. I see not so long ago our own Minister for foreign affairs travelled to Bali. Maybe next time you can keep him there, he's no good here.Go figure

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Funny that when ever there is some conference on in Bali all the Australian Government ministers and hangers on always seem to ignore there own travel warnings. I see not so long ago our own Minister for foreign affairs travelled to Bali. Maybe next time you can keep him there, he's no good here.Go figure
same goes for our prime minister, keep her there too :icon_razz:

Adam

Jul 21, 2006
Western Australia
And the Oz dollar seems to be reaching new highs with each successive day... wouldn't mind betting that even more flights start getting planned. There are even whispers that a couple of regional airports will start international flights to Bali. Good news for Bali and good news for Oz!