Balifever

Dec 3, 2012
Perth
Hi there,

First off i apologise for making my first post to be this... I didn't know about this forum and my friend's nightclub in Bali is opening tomorrow so I just want to help her get the word out.

Anyway, the nightclub is called Bali Minex Club and unlike many other clubs, it has a unique concept and is especially designed for westerners. It's a membership nightclub and will have lots of live shows, private rooms, great DJs etc. stc.. so it'll be an awesome place to be in.

But sine it'll be an opening party tomorrow, anyone can enter for free plus get a chance to win a trip around the world so if you will be around, please check it out.

Bali Minex Club
47 Teuku Umar
Simpang Enam. (10 minutes from Kuta)
+61 (0) 427 471 923 Aus
0011 6281 3380 33908 Bali

For more info, just visit their FB page - facebook.com/BaliMinexClubFever

Thanks!

Mitch

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
A night club for westerners on Teuku Umar? I live in Denpasar so no biggie for me but I wish her luck in regards to getting her target audience out that far.

So after the first night you can only get in if you pay a yearly membership fee? I also wish her success on that front as well, sounds like a risky move. I may show up and check the place out tomorrow.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
he/she is trying to get word out about a new club and there's nothing wrong with that,
but sounds a bit racist imho "designed especially for westerners"...
and indeed the only way to have a legal control over who can enter and who not is by making it a membersclub (with an annual fee of +-$300)...

live shows/private rooms/great DJ's isn't something new nor very special either, for example Adora (Blue Eyes) or Boshe offers the same not to mention Akasaka who besides the above also offers something else. and then there's Grahadi Bali also live shows in private rooms but now I am comparing apples with lemons...or coconuts or melons, hahaha.

joking aside, I wish baliminex club succes :)

Balifever

Dec 3, 2012
Perth
Hi Mitch welcome to the forum!

Thank you! Looks like a nice place to hang out ;)

A night club for westerners on Teuku Umar? I live in Denpasar so no biggie for me but I wish her luck in regards to getting her target audience out that far.

So after the first night you can only get in if you pay a yearly membership fee? I also wish her success on that front as well, sounds like a risky move. I may show up and check the place out tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest! Well, I cannot say much about the potential for this business to be successful because I just don't know at this stage. But what i know is that this Australian lady (the owner) has been living in Bali for 10 years and she has established a great relationship with local business owners over the years so I heard she is getting a lot of support locally too. yeah, so I am really hoping it'll take off. And please drop in tonight if you can. Thank you!

A free trip around the world sounds nice

Yes, it really does, doesn't it? :)

he/she is trying to get word out about a new club and there's nothing wrong with that,
but sounds a bit racist imho "designed especially for westerners"...
and indeed the only way to have a legal control over who can enter and who not is by making it a membersclub (with an annual fee of +-$300)...

live shows/private rooms/great DJ's isn't something new nor very special either, for example Adora (Blue Eyes) or Boshe offers the same not to mention Akasaka who besides the above also offers something else. and then there's Grahadi Bali also live shows in private rooms but now I am comparing apples with lemons...or coconuts or melons, hahaha.

joking aside, I wish baliminex club succes :)

Thanks for your comment, Gilbert. I appreciate that. ..and I'm sorry that my post sounded like a bit racist to you but I really did not mean to be that way at all. I just wanted to make it sound a little more unique.. And anybody is welcome really. I apologise if my post ever offended you (or some others who read it). Btw, I'm a Japanese guy who's been living in Australia for a long time and i've personally never experienced racism so I guess I did not think too much of it when i wrote the post...

As for the uniqueness of the club, well, I personally think the concept is quite unique and since my friend has been living in Bali for a long time, I'm pretty sure she knows what she is doing. Anyway, thank you for withing the club success!

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
I went to the opening last night. This place will not work with a $300 membership. Location sucks and the prices are expensive - even though they advertise them to be "local. There are plenty of similar place as Gilbert mentioned, although I must say the place looks very nice.

Their target market: "Membership is focused on Fly in Fly out mining and oil and gas workers, sporting clubs and corporates but also the social tourist. " This market wants exactly what this place won't be: girls, Kuta and Seminyak and cheap beer.

But, best of luck.

Peter Ka

Mar 31, 2010
Yeah they must be very happy. I would love to see something about it to hear what they where saying.

Sorry Mitch, to sound negative again. Of course there is no trip around the world (cost $6,000). They just say this to get a mailing list. Legally it is a grey area. On one hand it is false advertising, on the other the word "chance" can let the owners of the hook. In addition, Indonesian courts usually don't act on anything written in English.

In case this becomes a PR issue, they will come with a straw man that "wins" the price.

Balifever

Dec 3, 2012
Perth
I went to the opening last night. This place will not work with a $300 membership. Location sucks and the prices are expensive - even though they advertise them to be "local. There are plenty of similar place as Gilbert mentioned, although I must say the place looks very nice.

Their target market: "Membership is focused on Fly in Fly out mining and oil and gas workers, sporting clubs and corporates but also the social tourist. " This market wants exactly what this place won't be: girls, Kuta and Seminyak and cheap beer.

But, best of luck.

Hi Peter, thank you for your honest feedback. I was actually hoping to hear something positive (well, except the actual place looking nice...) but whether positive or negative, I believe it's important to see what "customers" see and feel so that the club can improve on that. I will pass this onto my friend as valuable feedback - thanks! Btw, did you see many people coming into the club that night? Was it packed? (I'm just wondering how it went since I have not asked them yet).

Sorry Mitch, to sound negative again. Of course there is no trip around the world (cost $6,000). They just say this to get a mailing list. Legally it is a grey area. On one hand it is false advertising, on the other the word "chance" can let the owners of the hook. In addition, Indonesian courts usually don't act on anything written in English.

In case this becomes a PR issue, they will come with a straw man that "wins" the price.

Well, I heard they will make an announcement of the winner little later on (but I don't know when).

If any of you went to the club that night, please share your feedback - thanks heaps :)

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Well, I heard they will make an announcement of the winner little later on (but I don't know when).

22295053.jpg

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Why is it that so many people think they can run a club/pub/bar/restaurant/night spot with no more idea than how to drink/eat/breath/stay awake?

And they all seem to think that they'll just have to sit back with a long, tall cold one in the left had and a beautiful blonde on the right hand and counting the piles of money with the middle one?

And many of these are actually reasonably intelligent people with college degrees and all that shit.