ramt

Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys,

It might be a weird request but still... at least I tried. We lost our card reader (Barclays PINsentry) which pretty much make online banking useless. It proves to be a big problem for us, we're here for a year and we need to pay for a villa, bills back home etc...

What I found out online is:
1. you can have a mobile PINsentry using Barclays mobile app
2. to activate a mobile app you need a PINsentry (back to 1)
3. Barclays' PINsentry is NOT connected to any account or card... it's just a device

So, if anyone reading this has UK's Barclays account and a card reader and can meet us for coffee or lunch... it's on us. I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks!

ramt

Feb 18, 2014
They are sending new one to UK address and then someone will post it to me. It will take around 3 weeks though. The thing is, I need to make some transfers urgently:(

ramt

Feb 18, 2014
hi Bakung. This one cannot be done with paypal... trust me I tried lot's of different options.

Barekarma

Jan 8, 2012
Denpasar
We have a PIN card reader, but for Nationwide (UK), for internet banking. Is it the same card reader that you are looking for? If so, send me a text on 085857 012490, and maybe we can meet up so you can make at least one transaction. Good luck.

ramt

Feb 18, 2014
Hi Barekama! It's all sorted:) I've used Natwest card reader and it works! Shame barclays support team couldn't tell me that!! Thank you so much though:)

bakung

May 4, 2011
We have a PIN card reader, but for Nationwide (UK), for internet banking. Is it the same card reader that you are looking for? If so, send me a text on 085857 012490, and maybe we can meet up so you can make at least one transaction. Good luck.

I have a nationwide one also and i wonder if it will work if i try a transaction with my Mandiri account, i will give it a go just to see what happens ? but only for a very small amount ( dont want take the chance of losing any dosh ? as being a Jock it would gimme a stroke ).