gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Scarface told me there's No crime in Cuba
hahaha...

Not thinking about leaving Bali, because of crime or criminality...
It's more like, been there - done that - move on to new things, sort of..
We only life ones (well depending on religion maybe more then ones but consciously only ones),
so instead of risking having the feeling of "what if" in XX years, I am thinking of a long vacation of 1 year to Cuba..
Some what the same as I ended up on Bali 6 years ago, planning to stay a year for a long vacation..but haven't been back to NL since :D

and criminals/crime/criminality..
trust me with my "luck" / "charm", it doesn't matter much were I go, I will run into people from pretty much every level in criminality

Last edited:

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
\
The why Cuba, was a matter of eliminating other countries in SA...
\

Hi Gilbert, a bit late reading this thread but twice I have seen you write Cuba is in South America. It isn't. Sure, they are all 'hermanos' but Cubans aren't South American!

Spent many years going through the 'maze' of 'everything in Cuba'. Lived there for a while and still travel frequently - would be happy to share at some stage. Don't know if I can be useful with some info, but more than happy to have a chat some time.

:)) Anna

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
@ Annam, yeah, technically it's called the 'caribbean' , right?
would love to have a chat about what you've encountered living there.
ofcourse you would be helpful, 'cause I would get to know more about Cuba then I do now :)
in your opinion, west / middle / east ? I'm focussing a bit on nuevitas

still 'investigating' the property-laws and possible choices/ways to go..

Annam

Oct 6, 2011
kerobokan
yes Gilbert, Caribbean is right. But to include South America, Central America and countries like Cuba - best to call Latin America rather than South America. Yep, being technical! ;-O

Property laws etc : a minefield, especially at the moment with everything so fluid - a 'dying' regime etc etc You may laugh at this, but in my humble opinion, Bali is a walk in the park compared to Cuba! You are really setting yourself a challenge!

I am out of Bali at the moment, but will be back next week. Maybe we'll take a drive up in the next couple of weeks to your area and we can have a drink and a chat - in Spanish, of course, so that you can start practising. Oh, Cuban Spanish is really something Gilbert!!! ;-O I'll pm you when we are back.

balidavo

Sep 16, 2011
bukit bali
hahaha...

Not thinking about leaving Bali, because of crime or criminality...
It's more like, been there - done that - move on to new things, sort of..
We only life ones (well depending on religion maybe more then ones but consciously only ones),
so instead of risking having the feeling of "what if" in XX years, I am thinking of a long vacation of 1 year to Cuba..
Some what the same as I ended up on Bali 6 years ago, planning to stay a year for a long vacation..but haven't been back to NL since :D

and criminals/crime/criminality..
trust me with my "luck" / "charm", it doesn't matter much were I go, I will run into people from pretty much every level in criminality

cuba sounds like a great trip to me , nice weather , music , food , culture etc etc ....., enjoy :)

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Be warned Gil the Cubans are miserable feckers - unless they're drinking cane rum, then they're miserably sentimental. Ala - "remember before Castro, everything was so much better - the Mafia were really great bosses and everyone had enough to eat" etc. etc blah, blah, blah.

And this coming from people that are only 20!

Good Salsa music though.

gilbert de jong

Jan 20, 2009
Panji, Singaraja.
Be warned Gil the Cubans are miserable feckers - unless they're drinking cane rum, then they're miserably sentimental. Ala - "remember before Castro, everything was so much better - the Mafia were really great bosses and everyone had enough to eat" etc. etc blah, blah, blah.

And this coming from people that are only 20!

Good Salsa music though.

somewhat the same blah,blah,blah, as balinese/indonesians who say they had it better under the regime of soeharto..
sitting at a warung drunk of arak and/or tuak, hehehehe ;)

salsa music is good, even better are the female salsa dance partners :D

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Love it!

Shog does that mean maybe we should see Bali as Ozzylite?

Or maybe ChinaLite

I can't believe this stupid thread has damned near 5000 views - get a fucking life!!!

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Markit, nah you've got it backwards: Oz is Bali lite.... just like Bali but stripped of the temples, ceremonies & all that unnecessary 'cultural' stuff that gets in the way of the drinking