jezralias

Oct 19, 2011
Hi, I'm fairly new to Bali. Does anyone know of a place (preferably near Seminyak) that will be airing the Super Bowl? Is anyone else planning on watching? Please let me know. Thanks!

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I'm sure Galaxy Hotel in jln Dhayana Pura, Seminyak will air the Super Bowl. Drop in there before and check with Jeff, the owner.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Flapjaks

Don't know about Seminyak, but FLAPJAKS in Sanur is showing it early, early Feb. 6th. They are located in the south end of Sanur Or it could be west end if Sanur runs east and west.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Don't know about Seminyak, but FLAPJAKS in Sanur is showing it early, early Feb. 6th. They are located in the south end of Sanur Or it could be west end if Sanur runs east and west.

No more "Naughty Nuri's" for watching the Super Bowl?

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Well i rekon heaps of bars around kuta will be playing it concidering they all pretty much have the espn channel. One in particular that will play in on a big screen, now i cant remember the name of the bar but if your walking down legian st the same way as the traffic its on the left . Its well before any of the main clubs like Sky garden and Bounty. So yea say u start at the start of legian st you walk down its on the left and across the road from it is a minimart and just down to the road and on the same side of the road the mini mart you will be able to see the big red sign for legian Cafe.its evan well before russo or Eikon so if u see those bars you know u have gone to far and its just a little way back up the street. Lol i hope thats not confusing but really its simple to find and you can see the huge big screen from the footpath/Road so you should see it no problems and with the land marks i have given you there should be no problem .

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Well i rekon heaps of bars around kuta will be playing it concidering they all pretty much have the espn channel. One in particular that will play in on a big screen, now i cant remember the name of the bar but if your walking down legian st the same way as the traffic its on the left . Its well before any of the main clubs like Sky garden and Bounty. So yea say u start at the start of legian st you walk down its on the left and across the road from it is a minimart and just down to the road and on the same side of the road the mini mart you will be able to see the big red sign for legian Cafe.its evan well before russo or Eikon so if u see those bars you know u have gone to far and its just a little way back up the street. Lol i hope thats not confusing but really its simple to find and you can see the huge big screen from the footpath/Road so you should see it no problems and with the land marks i have given you there should be no problem .
I think that's the most confusing set of directions I've ever read! :highly_amused:

I guess you mean Bar "Double D" or Sendok Cafe?

jezralias

Oct 19, 2011
Thank you to all who've responded. Believe it or not, I was able to understand Rangi's directions perfectly (after the third read haha). I think he may be referring to W Sports Bar? Is that right Rangi?

If anyone has any other ideas, keep them coming. Thanks!

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Lol yea i know it dose look quit confusing but if you use those directions you cant go wrong. If your heading down legian st if after that crazy cross roads where benisari rd is, im not sure if i spelt that correct but you know the one. . Its past Jokers which is on the right its only a little bit further down on the left . And like i said you can see the huge screens from the road so really you cant miss it . . . I cant remember the name of the street but there is one of those little side streets that link onto mataram st next to that new hotel and the bar is just down from their on the left still traveling along legian st . . I hope that didnt confuse you anymore he he he

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
super bowl

No more "Naughty Nuri's" for watching the Super Bowl?

Nuri.s didn't do it last year. In fact it was Brian that put me on to Flapjaks. We have to be careful about assuming a continuation because of past viewings and check for sure.
Will look forward to seeing you at Flapjaks Marc. I will arrive early for a front seat.

sakumabali

Apr 2, 2010
Nuri.s didn't do it last year. In fact it was Brian that put me on to Flapjaks. We have to be careful about assuming a continuation because of past viewings and check for sure.
Will look forward to seeing you at Flapjaks Marc. I will arrive early for a front seat.

Thanks Don, but the only game I'd wake up that early / not sleep at all would be a NBA Finals Game 7 or a Soccer Worldcup (Semi)Final :icon_biggrin:

Have fun though!

Cheers