DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Has anyone seen a drinks/bar/mini fridge for sale anywhere?

I've tried Lotte Mart, Carrefour and a couple of the local electronic stores, but no luck. It seems like the medium sized fridges are pretty cheap so that there's no market for the mini ones, but I need one to fit under a bench like you'd see in a hotel.

Any ideas?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Maybe check out some small electronic shops in Denpasar. We bought a couple in Singaraja so they are definitely available. Another option is UFO electronics in Denpasar just near Kasih Ibu hospital.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Maybe check out some small electronic shops in Denpasar. We bought a couple in Singaraja so they are definitely available. Another option is UFO electronics in Denpasar just near Kasih Ibu hospital.

Spicy beat me to recommending UFO as I'm sure I saw a variety of bar frig's and wine coolers there near the check-out. I was looking for an attractive wine cooler myself but wow!..the price would mean I'd have to keep it empty as I couldn't afford the wine as well.

Just a thought...another option is to find those stores that sell out-dated hotel furniture. There used to be one near where I live, but recently moved. Ive seen those bar frig's stacked there....but I guess you'd have to see them working.

Last edited:

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
I checked out UFO on Jalan Teuku Umar and they have a good range of fridges but none of the ones I'm after.

They have one model of fridge that's 50cm tall and with a volume of about 50L but I'm really after one about 80cm tall with a volume of around 100L.

According to everyone in the shops, they just don't exist in Indonesia. They're a dime a dozen in Australia, but it looks like I'll have to settle for the 50L one.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
In Sept. 2015 got a Sanken mini fridge, (bar fridge) from Carrefor, cost 1.5juta. I remember at the time it was the only 1 there.

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Previously I bought 6 Toshiba fridges at Elektronik City in Teuku Umar. They were 90cm tall and 120 litre capacity. I don't know if the shop is still there, but the model number is Toshiba GR-N155. Also try at Kartika Elektroniks in jalan raya Kuta (nearly opposite the old Supa Nova store).

Kulkas Toshiba GR-N155 (TINGGI 90CM) - elevenia

Thanks Matsaleh. That's more like what I'm after. No luck at Electronic City though. I'll try Kartika Elektroniks before I give up and just get the 50L one.

odez999

Jul 4, 2011
I bought mini fridge in that Bali electronic Center across UFO.
It is for wines (have glass door) but I use it as regular !
it was like 1.5-2 juta !

176140435_1_644x461_kulkas-minibar-midea-wine-cooler-edition-denpasar-kota.jpg

Nydave

Jun 4, 2015
Markit,no offence intended, but I just realized that you average 2.1 posts per day,since you joined ,and given that you go on your trips quite often im sure the average would be higher unless you also post while on the road,how can this be possible,

geedee

Feb 1, 2014
Sydney
He only talks about going on road trips .
Then it rains so he stays home.
He also averages much higher when his wife is in Bali , when she is overseas his rate drops.
I wonder why.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Markit,no offence intended, but I just realized that you average 2.1 posts per day,since you joined ,and given that you go on your trips quite often im sure the average would be higher unless you also post while on the road,how can this be possible,

No offense taken Dave. Yesterday I wrote 4 posts and today just this one - so far. Average 2.5/day

Took all of 10 seconds - job done. Always wanted a job for about 25 seconds a day - with time off for good behavior.

Course if you hadn't asked I wouldn't have written anything today so I guess it must be a function of my incredible popularity.

DenpasarHouse

Aug 13, 2013
Just an update on the fridge purchase.

Nowhere could I find a bar fridge that was about 80cm tall. This was so that it could fit under an 90cm tall bench/bar.

I did find one or two models that were 90cm tall at UFO and Kartika Elektroniks. You can also find micro fridges there which are about 50cm tall, but in my opinion are much too pokey for anything more than a few drinks.

To make a long story short, I ended up buying a medium sized, 2 door fridge/freezer from Lottemart as there wasn't much difference in price between it and the medium sized fridges that don't have a separate freezer section. Surprisingly, there was very little difference in wattage too, in fact, there were smaller, single door fridges with almost double the running wattage.

Also, even though UFO and Kartika Elektroniks had the best range, only about a 1/4 of the fridges have a price and their wattage displayed. Some only have the wattage written on a sticker stuck to the back of the fridge and there's no hope your going to be able to pull the fridge out and have a look. Makes it a real chore to compare different models.

Just like everything in Indonesia, after you've researched something a little and have had conversations with sales staff, you realise that you now know more about it than they probably ever will. Infuriatingly, they will just tell you whatever sounds good if you ask specific questions.

Here's an example:

Me: "What's the wattage on this one?"

Sales Staff: Instantly replies "100W."

Me: "Oh wait, here's the sticker here. It says 130W."

Sales Staff: ". . . . . ."

Anyway, writing this is the only therapy I'm gonna get for having what I thought was a simple request (on an island with a million hotels and bar fridges) turn into a multi-day "adventure". Bah!