Dolly

Hi
Coming down to the South in few days, hoping you can help me.

I want to buy a cot/playpen - not the wooden ones but fabric - anyone know where? second hand ok. Also few other bits maybe high chair, bumbo type chair, carseat. Also where would you suggest for baby pj's?

Then also need to find an automatic washing machine, top loader preferred.

Any ideas for recent costs of all the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ace hardware

You can get high chairs and portacots from Ace but they are very expensive. Few hundred bux for fisher price porta cot. Sometimes people sell 2nd hand in Bali Advertiser.

Just incase anyone else comes accross this thread lookIng for baby things. I went to
Kitty Baby Shop
Jl. Thamrin 4 Denpasar
62-361-431713

They had a very good choice of cots, pushchairs etc

there is a baby shop at sunset point on sunset road - Kerobokan end. They have a good choice available. Also have a look on facebook - Bali Mamas as sometimes there are things for sale here.

Hi,,Just bought a nice fabric one,doubles as a playpen, packs up in travel bag,(unusually) super strong from Clandy's (babystore) they have about 6-7 outlets in Bali,quite good prices too,paid about 1.3m with matress pillow and sheet.
they have a huge range of baby stuff,car seats,high chairs etc, the Denpasar store (Buluh Indah) has a larger range of cots than Tuban though.
good luck
Jalan Raya Tuban 888, Kuta (past Super Nova toward Airport)
Jalan Raya Buluh Inda Denpasar
Jalan Raya Sesatan No:141 Denpasar

This is a tough one actually and something I went through last year before little one arrived. There are lots of places to by baby stuff (Clandys Grosir [many locations], Toko Ceria [In Denpsar and Seminyak], Mothercare, and you can find stuff at Ace and Informa as well, along with lots of other small shops.

The problem is quality and safety, which are decisions that are up to you. Since I come from the US and have had all the US safety standards beaten into my head it seemed crazy for me to buy a crib that was not up to US safety standards. This seemed important at least for the crib. The number one thing was that the bars had to be no more than only a certain distance apart (amongst other things). The rule of thumb was that a soda can should not be able to pass through the bars.

Lots of really awesome cheap cribs available out there, but pretty much none of them met the safety standard. There is only 1 place where you can shop and everything will be "safe" according to the western world and that is Mothercare which is in Centro in Kuta. The problem is everything here is crazy expensive. It's a store from the UK that is crazy expensive in the UK, and here it is actually more expensive than in the UK after the tarifs!

The price difference is that a "safe" crib after all the components etc... cost around $1k whereas a local crib is around $100. And then when it was all said and done our daughter refuses to sleep in the crib anyway, cape deh.

Back