Kaz

Sep 10, 2011
Adelaide
Hi, I have googled this but haven't had any luck finding what I'm after. I've seen them hanging on walls in upmarket villas on the net. The photos are black & white, minimalist in style, usually close-ups of Balinese people. They're quite stark and plain but stunning. I guess the photos are printed onto canvas and stretched on frames to hang on walls as artworks. Does anyone know where I can get these please? Would really appreicate it thanks!
Kaz

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hey Kaz, welcome to the forum. Not at all sure I know what pictures you mean. If it's the antique ones then you can make them yourself but other than that - no idea.

Maybe if you supplied a picture of one?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I am interested in this also. If you find a place, please post the details.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Why not ask at the places that have what you like? Probably a good start.

Or, look through some good quality books about early Bali. Scan the photos you like at 300dpi, save them as TIFFs, put them on a flash disk or CD and take them to a good printer (plenty around and amazingly cheap). If that's too technical for you, take the books to a printer and get him to scan, blow it up and print it. You might be (happily) surprised by the results.

Take your own pictures with a digital camera (at high quality settings), of classic images in art galleries and museums. Sometimes, you have to do that when nobody's watching you. If you find a gallery with good stuff, you could buy their catalogue and pinch the images off it. There is some amazing software available these days that can blow-up images to big sizes without losing much detail. Again, I'd talk to a good printing place.

Kaz

Sep 10, 2011
Adelaide
Black and white photos

Sorry, just read all replies - and thank you. Yes I will take your advice - unfortunately I'm not a brilliant photographer and nor do I have a great camera (just the point and shoot digital type) but will look for one in a book and take it to a place that has high quality scanning and printing.
Thanks again, Kaz

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
my brother in law and my best friend is photographer

hey my brother in-law and my best friend is a photographer i'll ask them if they have any. just pm me you contact details and i will get back to u asap

Sep 20, 2011
Australia
I have seen b&w photos on canvas like u describe in a shop on jl oberoi
Unfortunatly I don't know the shops name but it is a homeware shop that has a section with photos on canvas. The shop is on the bend of the road before you turn the corner to get to Joy Jewelry - opposite side to Joy. it is a few shops down from where Pandora used to be.
Hope that helps!