Normy

Jul 22, 2012
Perth, Sanur
Thanks. Thought that was the case. Take a ticket on entry and pay when exiting. Last week when departing a taxi insisted he had paid rp.25000 on entry under some new rules. It wasn't a blue bird, so no photo & id on the dash. 1st time I've been dudded in many years.

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
Aha...!
There you go:
It wasn't a blue bird...
Some taxis will try to rip you off.

I'm not saying that all non-Bluebird taxis are robbers, but there are plenty of them. Personally, I've never had a problem with a Bluebird.

:cheerful:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Thanks. Thought that was the case. Take a ticket on entry and pay when exiting. Last week when departing a taxi insisted he had paid rp.25000 on entry under some new rules. It wasn't a blue bird, so no photo & id on the dash. 1st time I've been dudded in many years.

Car parking starts at 3,000 for the first 30 min, then increases gradually to approx 35,000 for a day - so when we come from Ubud it makes sense to leave the car in the carpark up to a week or 10 days, after that it is better to leave the car at home and pay for transport. But currently the orangized carpark gets full at times and people park in more strange places. For a long term park you need a proper parking spot, so be prepared to take 10 min or so waiting to get one.

ferdie

Apr 4, 2013
Near Ubud
Car parking starts at 3,000 for the first 30 min, then increases gradually to approx 35,000 for a day - so when we come from Ubud it makes sense to leave the car in the carpark up to a week or 10 days, after that it is better to leave the car at home and pay for transport. But currently the orangized carpark gets full at times and people park in more strange places. For a long term park you need a proper parking spot, so be prepared to take 10 min or so waiting to get one.
A little bit of advice for anyone who goes to the airport from Ubud with small baggage and have to leave your car:
I prefer calling one of the blue bird drivers and pay about 200 thousand rp than paying for parking fees that much for the long term.
I also arrange the driver to wait at the airport also to get me back to Ubud, just need to meet him in the parking lot instead of the drop off zone
I always feel safe with them and could sleep on the way:unconscious: