TVResearcher

Sep 13, 2012
Greetings all. I am researching a documentary television series about Australians relocating to Bali and would like to connect with Aussies who love to spend time in Bali, so much so that they have made the choice to make it their home. I am particularly keen on connecting with:
1 Families who have decided to take their love affair with Bali one step further and are now in the process of making the move to Bali permanently.
2 People who have relocated to Bali and started a business there or decided to build their dream home there.
3 People who have married a local and moved to Bali, or people who are seeking love on Bali.
4 FIFO workers who, rather than stay in Australia during their time off, choose to live on Bali.
5 Retirees who are planning on making the move to Bali.
6 People who have made the decision to move back to Australia after having lived in Bali.

I am keen to hear about your motivations for moving to Bali, how you go about making it a reality and the advantages and challenges that present themselves by making this choice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Electric Pictures

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I pretty sure I'm not married to her but Alzheimers plays tricks sometimes, but she might be a cop.

Sorry just a silly insider joke.

Research away and when your done take some back home with you. Crickey there's only about 5 or 6 people living in Oz as it is. Would the last one to leave please put out the cat?

Rangi what the hell have you got in your hands, is it a turkey?

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Its a big rabbit I caught outside my mates house in Denpasar, which turned into dinner. Sate Rabbit :eagerness:

C

CanonMan

There's the Worlds largest Rabbit running around our gaff late at night, up and down the road, no idea where it came / comes from! I'd understand it if I'd had a bottle of Jack or tainted Arak but am almost tea total so still a bit of a puzzle.

balibule

Feb 6, 2009
There's the Worlds largest Rabbit running around our gaff late at night, up and down the road, no idea where it came / comes from! I'd understand it if I'd had a bottle of Jack or tainted Arak but am almost tea total so still a bit of a puzzle.

If you still live in Pemogan it is probably a rat :drunk:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Just out of curiosity and since we really could not get any further from the start of this thread. I'd love to know what motivated you to think that a picture of you holding your future dinner typified the image you wanted to publicize of yourself on this sometimes weird forum.

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Maybe Rangi was inviting TVResearcher to dinner ....

But back to the substance of the OP:- Clearly she's being given the bum's rush because a TVResearcher is a 'junior journalist' eho doesn't get to actually write or do the story but she hasn't quite learned that in journalism (print or TV) we try not to telegraph the eventual nature of the story that will appear.
In this case a hatchet job - and there have been a few journos popping up to write about the FIFO from WA (see another thread).

Greetings all. I am researching a documentary television series (ie: she thinks there's more than 1 programme) about Australians relocating to Bali and would like to connect with Aussies who love to spend time in Bali (pithy & weak), so much so that they have made the choice to make it their home. I am particularly keen on connecting with:
1 Families who have decided to take their love affair (ie: Women's Home Journal stuff) with Bali one step further and are now in the process of making the move to Bali permanently.
2 People who have relocated to Bali and started a business there or decided to build their dream home there.
3 People who have married a local and moved to Bali, or people who are seeking love on Bali (More WOmen's Home Journal stuff... clearly she read Eat, Pray, Love & believed it.... alterantely she saw the movie (see other thread) .
4 FIFO workers who, rather than stay in Australia during their time off, choose to live on Bali. - this is the REAL meat she's looking for
5 Retirees who are planning on making the move to Bali.
6 People who have made the decision to move back to Australia after having lived in Bali. (somebody introduce her to the gourmet with the shopping-list but who can't find a damn thing on it)

I am keen to hear about your motivations for moving to Bali, how you go about making it a reality and the advantages and challenges that present themselves by making this choice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks,
Electric Pictures

Conclusion: basically she is approaching this piece of research with 6 very clear preconceptions but bottom line wants to talk to just about anybody who wants to talk to her

Last edited:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
After the effort from Steve Pennels from the West Australian newspaper,, I will never again trust any of your type of people. He was and still is an ars#h%le in my opinion. He is a damn liar. He asked us about FIFO people and then went back to OZ and posted a report about AIDS in Bali. He is full of sh&#.
He actually posted a photo of someone wearing a shirt that showed the logo of a business I operate. He then photo shopped a girl of dubious background into the picture. This was all fun until the guy's wife saw it.
Yep I also have some rabbits. Cannonman, are you going to the studio in Sanur in the next few days?. Markit, get your ar#e here soon. I love the humour.
To be honest TVresearcher, in my opinion you can get r**t#d.

Rangi

May 23, 2011
Legian
Just out of curiosity and since we really could not get any further from the start of this thread. I'd love to know what motivated you to think that a picture of you holding your future dinner typified the image you wanted to publicize of yourself on this sometimes weird forum.

Because I wanted to show I am still connected with our Hunter and Gatherer ancestors .

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I have done a couple of interviews with newspapers about living in Bali. The only reason I agreed to do it was that I thought it would be a good way to get a plug for our business. I was pretty disappointed both times when they failed to mention our business name or website. I wonder what makes journalists think that people actually want to be on tv or in a newspaper, especially if what you say can so easily get taken out of context?

C

CanonMan

Cannonman, are you going to the studio in Sanur in the next few days?
Yeah, am there most days but waiting on some final artwork so the Closed sign is on the door. Give it a tap, I'm normally there...

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Thanks to those who have PM'd me and shared your thoughts. We appreciate your input.

You are welcome. I have some more photos of why numerous western men and women live here, however I thought it may be best if I did not post them on this particular forum.

steve03

Apr 10, 2012
After the effort from Steve Pennels from the West Australian newspaper,, I will never again trust any of your type of people. He was and still is an ars#h%le in my opinion. He is a damn liar. He asked us about FIFO people and then went back to OZ and posted a report about AIDS in Bali. He is full of sh&#.
He actually posted a photo of someone wearing a shirt that showed the logo of a business I operate. He then photo shopped a girl of dubious background into the picture. This was all fun until the guy's wife saw it.
Yep I also have some rabbits. Cannonman, are you going to the studio in Sanur in the next few days?. Markit, get your ar#e here soon. I love the humour.
To be honest TVresearcher, in my opinion you can get r**t#d.

I've just seen your post. If you had concerns, why didn't you contact me? To suggest I lied to you or anyone else is offensive and ridiculous. I was in Bali doing a range of stories on that trip, not just the one I spoke to you about: FIFO workers, Bali's conjoined twins, interviews for a bombing anniversary feature and AIDS in Bali, specifically HIV-positive prostitutes working Jalan Legian.
The stories were completely unrelated and everyone involved which each story had no issues with them. As for the photo, I have no control over what photographs are used by the paper but to suggest that a girl was "photoshopped" into the background is absurd.
You have my contact details and if you have any concerns about any of my stories, just contact me. But the FIFO workers and AIDs in Bali stories had nothing to do with each other. I can't understand how you think that the two stories, and my dealings with you, were linked. They weren't.
You have my contact details. Let me know if you have any concerns. Similarly, if you believe I misrepresented myself or the photo the paper used was manipulated, you can also raise your concerns direct with the paper. PM me and I'll give you the details of the people you can speak to.

Steve

Last edited: