Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Anyone have any advice as to best and cheapest way to get from here to there and back again in about 2 or 3 weeks? Seems from my studies that it's here to Bangkok and then go to the Burmese consulate and get a visa then on from Bangers to Rangoon.

Hoping there is an easier way to do it from here so any help appreciated. Oh, outward travel time around nowish till mid April and then return after 2/3 weeks.

Happy trails
Markit

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I have a friend who owns a travel & tour company in Myanmar
www.hellomyanmartours.com

She also owns Hello Bali Tours
http://www.hellobalitours.com/ (work in progress)

She said the cheapest way to fly from Bali will be with Air Asia, transit in KL.

For Visa she said she'll get back to me but I would assume you could get one from the embassy in Jakarta?
Myanmar Embassy, Jakarta

BKT thank you bunches can you please ask the lady friend if it's possible to get a visa online or in KL - if KL how long does it take?

"They still eat white people over there you know"

Don't belong to this illustrious group any more.

BKT

Apr 2, 2010
Auckland/Singaraja
She doesn't know about KL. A good friend of mine got his in Jakarta but had one of his friends process it for him. He seems to think you'll need to fly to there to have processed.

samsiam

Feb 2, 2014
Bangkoks easy to get apparently....and a good night in sin city is hard to beat....once in awhile.

Kucingenzo

Dec 16, 2013
You can apply for a visa online, no need to visit an Embassy/Consulate. Look up Myanmar Visa Online

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
If I were you, Markit (but fortunately, I'm not), I would avoid Burma. It's such an AMAZINGLY beautiful place, once you've been there and meet its people, you will not want to go back to Bali, and then what will happen to your house in Karangasem?:concern::concern: