justin.adelaide

Nov 3, 2011
Hi guys, me and my girlfriend are thinking of moving to bali for 6 months and want to rent a small house rather than stay in hostels etc. i have found some housing but the leases are only for a whole year. i am slowly reading through some of the information on here between work but was wondering if people could give me a few tips or points (things i will need to organise) to get this all working smoothly.

i sort of understand the visa situation, but was looking for any alternative options for hosuing around legian, seminyak maybe even sanur.

also information on approximate cost of living etc, obviously we wont be doing the tourist thing all the time, just general gorceries, utilities atc

thanks

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
lots of info here about the cost of living in Bali

Last edited by a moderator:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
................i have found some housing but the leases are only for a whole year.
Anyone with a property available for a year will talk to you about 6 months. Maybe they will want 70% of the yearly rent.
i sort of understand the visa situation, but was looking for any alternative options for hosuing around legian, seminyak maybe even sanur.
You need to be here when looking - don't try and finalize a rental using only the Internet. So plan on 2-3 weeks in a low cost hotel in your favorite area.
also information on approximate cost of living etc, obviously we wont be doing the tourist thing all the time, just general gorceries, utilities atc

Check this thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
hey i got a room for rent 3.5 mill a month including electricity and maids. 21 mill for 6 month im also with my girlfriend ans we have an other friend renting the over room pls contact me for more details

justin.adelaide

Nov 3, 2011
hey i got a room for rent 3.5 mill a month including electricity and maids. 21 mill for 6 month im also with my girlfriend ans we have an other friend renting the over room pls contact me for more details

what are the details of the room, is it in a house? etc do you have any photos? is it your house or are you also renting there?

RhysG

Oct 3, 2011
seminyak
www.lokalliving.com
hey i dont have photo cuz it under renovation we are renting but from a friend. it in a house have a bathroom and a living room kitchen shared. this price include electricity madi and wifi try to get cablle tv as well. when where you lloking to come?

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
this price include electricity madi and wifi try to get cablle tv as well. when where you lloking to come?
I have recently separated from my girlfriend. Have you got some photos of Madi? She may be the girl of my dreams. I will not want wifi because I have my own dongle. I am lloking at coming very soon. Cablle tv is of no real interest.

kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
Hi
I am currently renting an apartment for the month in Seminyak. Small, but nice quiet area, free wi-fi, a pool, nicely decorated and clean. Walking distance to the beach. It is 5 million rupiah a month which includes electricity. This may seem steep considering what you can get houses for with yearly contracts but if you are having trouble finding a six-month rental, this might be an option as they rent month to month. If you go to Bali apartments for rent, it is listed as Monthly Apartment in Seminyak, not too much detail there, but you can contact someone to ask them any questions you may have.

justin.adelaide

Nov 3, 2011
hey thanks that is awesome, did you organise that before you went over there or when you got there, i will have a look, thanks again