marissae

May 11, 2014
Does anyone know of great surf camps that are family friendly and cheap? Ideally with some sort of childcare or something for non-surfing adult to do.

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Does anyone know of great surf camps that are family friendly and cheap? Ideally with some sort of childcare or something for non-surfing adult to do.
There are a few in West Bali at Balian, Pekutatan and Medewi, but don't know the specifics. If you can't find anything on Google let me know. Balian is supposed to have the best surfing in Bali.

chrishove

Sep 1, 2012
I can recommend Brown Sugar Surfcamp in Medewi - I'm not sure they have childcare, but have lots of other activities like massage, yoga, billiard and swimming pool at the camp site. They also organise trips to the surrounding areas and the main surf sport at Medewi point is really good for all levels of surfers.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I've got a Komang that owns the local laundry and is a cracker surfer - he teaches all our guests and their kids with his team of surf buddies on a personal basis that comes to a hair-raising IDR300k/day/person including boards.

Instead of doing the "surf camp" thing why not just do Bali with some tailor made surf lessons thrown in when and how you want them? I'm sure there's a "Komang" on pretty much every coast here.

marissae

May 11, 2014
These are helpful!!! I'm definitely up for some private surf lessons here and there. I do have a young son though so I need someone to watch him while I'm catching waves so it would be great if there were other kids he could play with too. If anyone has private affordable instructors though, please recommend them too. thanks!