So... trying to understand what I'll be in for as visas go...

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
Not the first time I hear somebody seriously speaking about marrying a local to obtain a visa.

Not even speaking about the ethical aspect...i mean, would we appreciate that some wanabee immigrant marries a girl in our countries just for the sake of the visa ?
In Aus if immigration suspects you are marrying just for a visa it is very quickly cancelled if you are caught out. I imagine most other countries would take a similar position including Indonesia. The application for a visa with marriage requires substantial evidence that the marriage is genuine including referees, photos and other supporting material.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
I gotta ask. The minimum age for a retirement visa just went from 55 to 60 years of age, correct? I thought perhaps if you entered Bali at, say, age 57 and your Visa was up for renewal at age 58, you would somehow be allowed to stay as it is just a renewal of an existing Visa....Is this not the case?

While not related, I might add this. I wanted to change my Visa agent this past year and after researching making this change, found I would have to leave Indonesia, apply for the off-shore B211A Visa and then return to Bali and convert the Business Visa to a new retirement Visa (abandon my current Visa). I wish I had known this..what is to keep a Visa agency from jacking your rates every year by 1 - 2 Juta?
I entered 6 years ago at 64....
Yep, once you choose an agent, it is nearly impossible to change, except restarting from scratch.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I gotta ask. The minimum age for a retirement visa just went from 55 to 60 years of age, correct? I thought perhaps if you entered Bali at, say, age 57 and your Visa was up for renewal at age 58, you would somehow be allowed to stay as it is just a renewal of an existing Visa....Is this not the case?

While not related, I might add this. I wanted to change my Visa agent this past year and after researching making this change, found I would have to leave Indonesia, apply for the off-shore B211A Visa and then return to Bali and convert the Business Visa to a new retirement Visa (abandon my current Visa). I wish I had known this..what is to keep a Visa agency from jacking your rates every year by 1 - 2 Juta?
You can ask anything here friend but I gotta warn you most of us don't spend the kind of time researching this stuff to keep up with all the recent changes. For instance your contention that the retirement visa is now only available to those over 60 was totally new to me. Last I heard it was 55 so I really suggest you head on over to farcebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/400734003434772/ and ask there.

AuroraB

Dec 17, 2021

Retirement visa: An agent mention the change from 58 to 60 years in an update: https://www.letsmoveindonesia.com/r...n-update-allows-5-years-stay-for-expatriates/

Did not fid official link but is is suggest change take place from 22 Aug 2023 onwards.

Reactions: Fred2

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fred2

Dori

Jun 28, 2023
Retirement visa hasn't changed according to my visa guy (Tude +62 819 9910 0490) and is still from earliest 55 years old. You first need to do a Social visa and then you can apply for the retirement visa.
The changes to the retirement visa cone into place at the end of October, so things are still the same at the moment. Instead of 55 it’s now 60 and over. I will be 58 when we move but as my husband is 71 I can get a visa as his dependant.

Reactions: matsaleh and Fred2

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
The changes to the retirement visa cone into place at the end of October, so things are still the same at the moment. Instead of 55 it’s now 60 and over. I will be 58 when we move but as my husband is 71 I can get a visa as his dependant.
can you give a link to that info please?

Dori

Jun 28, 2023
can you give a link to that info please?
It was from an agent.
Retirement KITAS
Silver Hair Visa
(Index E33E)

*New Product*​
Second Home Visa
(Index E33)

*New Product*​
The holder of this stay permit can bring dependent(s) to Indonesia​
At the moment, the application for the dependent to this visa isn’t available yet​
At the moment, the application for the dependent to this visa isn’t available yet​
Important Information
  1. The applicant needs to be at least 60 years old to apply for the Retirement KITAS
  2. As a Retirement KITAS holder, the applicant isn’t allowed to work and make an income in Indonesia
  3. The Retirement KITAS is valid for 1 year and can be extended up to 5 times and the applicant will have multiple exit re-entry permits within that time
  4. In order to get this stay permit, the applicant needs to apply for the B211A first prior to the arrival. After the applicants arrive in Indonesia, we will start the Status Conversion from B211A Visa to Retirement KITAS at the immigration office
Important Information
  1. The applicant needs to be at least 60 years old to apply for the Silver Hair Visa
  2. As a Silver Hair Visa holder, the applicant isn’t allowed to work and make an income in Indonesia
  3. The Silver Hair Visa is valid for 5 years and can be extended for another 5 years. The applicant will have multiple exit re-entry permits within that time
  4. The applicant needs to deposit funds in an account under the applicant’s name at an Indonesian state-owned bank worth at least USD 50.000 or equivalent
Important Information
  1. No age limitation
  2. As an E33 permit holder, the applicant isn’t allowed to work and make an income in Indonesia
  3. The Second Home Visa is valid for 5 years and can be extended for another 5 years. The applicant will have multiple exit re-entry permits within that time
  4. The applicant needs to deposit funds in an account under the applicant’s name at an Indonesian state-owned bank worth at least USD 130.000 or equivalent
Processing Step
  1. Apply for the B211A Visa prior to the arrival. We will start the process once we receive the complete requirements and payment. The process will take 10-14 working days. Once the e-visa is issued, we will email it
  2. The applicant has a window of 90 days from the visa issuance to enter Indonesia otherwise the visa will expire
  3. Once the applicant arrives in Indonesia, we will collect the applicant’s original passport to start the Status Conversion Process from B211A Visa to Retirement KITAS at the immigration office. The process will take approximately 4 weeks. Part of the process is that we will need the applicant’s presence for a photo and fingerprint at the immigration office nearest the applicant’s residence which we will notify in 1 or 2 days in advance
Note:
  1. Upon submission to the immigration office, the applicant’s B211 Visa should still have at least 30 days of validity left, and we will need 3 days prior to making sure all documents are complete
  2. During the process at the immigration office, The applicant is unable to leave Indonesia because the applicant’s original passport will be kept by the immigration
Processing Step
  1. We will start the process once we receive the complete requirements and payment. The process will take 10-14 working days. Once the e-visa is issued, we will email it
  2. The applicant has a window of 90 days from the visa issuance to enter Indonesia otherwise the visa will expire
  3. Show the Silver Hair Visa to the officer at the Immigration Checkpoint upon arrival at the airport. At this point, the applicant’s status will change from Silver Hair Visaholder to Silver Hair KITASholder. The validity of the KITAS will count from the date of the applicant’s arrival
  4. Deposit funds in an account under the applicant’s name at an Indonesian state-owned bank worth at least USD 50.000 or equivalent and then report it at the immigration office nearest the applicant’s residence within 90 days from the arrival. This step must be done by you, personally.
Processing Step
  1. We will start the process once we receive the complete requirements and payment. The process will take 10-14 working days. Once the e-visa is issued, we will email it
  3. Show the Second Home Visa to the officer at the Immigration Checkpoint upon arrival at the airport. At this point, the applicant’s status will change from Second Home Visa holder to Second Home KITAS holder. The validity of the KITAS will count from the date of the applicant’s arrival
  4. Deposit funds in an account under the applicant’s name at an Indonesian state-owned bank worth at least USD 130.000 or equivalent and then report it at the immigration office nearest the applicant’s residence within 90 days from the arrival. This step must be done by you, personally.
Requirements
A. B211 Visa
  1. A scanned color copy of the passport ID page (valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia)
  2. A copy of the latest bank statement that shows the applicant’s name with a minimum balance of USD 2000 or equivalent
  3. A recent colored photograph (3x4cm) with a white background
  4. Flight tickets in and out of Indonesia
  5. Address in Indonesia
B. Retirement KITAS
  1. A copy of the latest bank statement that shows the applicant’s name with a minimum balance of USD 3000 or equivalent
  2. House lease agreement signed both by the applicant and the land owner
  3. Color copy the ID Card of the applicant’s landowner
  4. Housemaid employment contract
  5. Color copy the ID Card of the applicant’s local assistant
  6. Color copy of valid health insurance
  7. Domicile letter from Chief of Village

Requirements
  1. A scanned color copy of the passport ID page (valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia) Recent colored photo
  2. A copy of the latest bank statement that shows the applicant’s name with a minimum balance of USD 2000 or equivalent
  3. Proof of Income Benefits that show the applicant’s name with a minimum value of USD 3000 or
  4. A recent colored photograph (4x6) with a white background
  5. Flight ticket arriving in Indonesia
  6. Address in Indonesia
  7. Statement of commitment to deposit funds in an account under the applicant’s name at an Indonesian state-owned bank worth at least USD 50.000 that must be fulfilled within 90 days from the arrival *We will provide the applicant with the draft
Requirements
  1. A scanned color copy of the passport ID page (valid at least for 6 months upon the date of arrival in Indonesia) Recent colored photo
  2. A copy of the latest bank statement that shows the

Dori

Jun 28, 2023
It’s one of several I’ve spoken to. Why your concern? Can you give me a better/updated version please.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Minimal income for retirement visa used to be 1500 USD/ month, and showing it on the 3 last bank statements.

I am surprised they lowered it to 2or 3k USD in bank account ?

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Lowered? New rule is $3,000 USD per month income for retirement Kitas.
That's not what is written...... :

1. A copy of the latest bank statement that shows the applicant’s name with a minimum balance of USD 3000 or equivalent

mugwump

Mar 15, 2011
seattle pekutatan
Most certainly there is a lot of confusion concerning this topic, but wish to correct one statement. YOU can change agents. I did so last year, and am damned glad I did.

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Apologies, you are correct. The 5-Year retirement kitas requires proof of income of $3,000 USD/month. My mistake.
I got mine in Oct 2021, it was still 1500 usd/ month..

The summary above also ommits :
- on top of the 1 year housing contract, you need to show receipt of full payment.

- they don't mention the health insurance... mandatory.

Hence as @Markit mentions, there are some flags with ths listing !

Rellek

Apr 28, 2020
Medewi, West Bali
Most certainly there is a lot of confusion concerning this topic, but wish to correct one statement. YOU can change agents. I did so last year, and am damned glad I did.
Sure, it is possible, but you must leave Indonesia and re-apply for off-shore B211A Visa and convert to retirement Visa. Are you saying you did not have to go through this process? Which Visa do you have?

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
With a retirement visa ?

And without re-starting from scratch ?

Balifrog

Dec 30, 2017
Sure, it is possible, but you must leave Indonesia and re-apply for off-shore B211A Visa and convert to retirement Visa. Are you saying you did not have to go through this process? Which Visa do you have?
Exactly.

You restart a new process from scratch.....

only interesting if you're in your 1st, 2nd or 3rd one year KITAS IMHO.

Dori

Jun 28, 2023
I got mine in Oct 2021, it was still 1500 usd/ month..

The summary above also ommits :
- on top of the 1 year housing contract, you need to show receipt of full payment.

- they don't mention the health insurance... mandatory.

Hence as @Markit mentions, there are some flags with ths listing !
There were more details in the email. Health insurance, amount needed to be deposited in an indoneas bank etc but they were included in private details pertaining to us.
But I appreciate your concern and advice.