runaS

Jan 26, 2015
Sanur
I bought an ASUS PB287Q 4k UHD LED Monitor in Rimo for 10jt a few months ago (expensive!).
I didn't buy a TV because I needed a DisplayPort (60Hz refresh rate and support for scaled display for Mac)
No shop had a DisplayPort to DisplayPort Mini cable, so I got one from outside of Indonesia.

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Thanks guys, a 4k TV is no good, simply because the size is too big (I can get a mini display to hdmi adapter I guess) and the bezels are usually quite big as well.

But good to know they have 4k monitors, that should imply they have some 2560x1440 ones as well. I'll check out Rimo, RTC and fastnscheap. Do I need to haggle at these places or are the prices fixed?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks guys, a 4k TV is no good, simply because the size is too big (I can get a mini display to hdmi adapter I guess) and the bezels are usually quite big as well.

But good to know they have 4k monitors, that should imply they have some 2560x1440 ones as well. I'll check out Rimo, RTC and fastnscheap. Do I need to haggle at these places or are the prices fixed?

Josh

Apr 7, 2010
Sanur
bhinneka.com is always worth a look. To get an idea how much to pay or just to find what you search for.... they deliver quite fast...

bhinneka.com/products/sku05915905/benq_monitor_led__gw2765ht_.aspx

Cant post links so you have to copy and paste it... sorry

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011

Josh

Apr 7, 2010
Sanur
Yep. Delivery can be a bit slow here but I have ordered some stuff online the last years and never had a problem so far. If possible select JNE YES (Yakin Esok Sampai - Sure next day) delivery and they will knock your door within 48 hours max. Most of the online shops accept Pay Pal so no problem to get your money back if something goes wrong. Good luck in RIMO...

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Eventually bought it at RTC, couldn't find rimo or fast n cheap.

Asked everyone if they had a big screen, but nobody had one larger than 24" finally 1 shop had a 27" dell but with a 1920x1200 resolution. Explained to the seller that I needed the high res version. He said he might be able to get it so he called someone else and told me he could get it in 15min. Finally to my surprise he got the U2715HM with a 2560x1440 res in a sealed box. I couldnt get the price down by a lot though and had to pay 8.700.000, which is a bit more expensive than at home but not a lot. Oh and it had a UK plug, so I feel slightly scammed ;)

Anyways happy with the screen and thanks for the help guys

Last edited:

Crofty

Just for info, I'm using the Acer CB280HK 28" 4K monitor very happily. It's 3880 x 2160, being driven thru a Display Port from an AMD based card. Cost in Perth in October last year - Office Works, $570 approx. I had to buy the graphics card to get Display Port, so the cost was another $130 approx. Looking at 4K is glorious, even for normal documents and on-screen news sites etc. Like looking at velvet.

kabouter

Feb 16, 2011
Ah nice that means I didn't get ripped off that much ;).
[MENTION=10003]Crofty[/MENTION] ultra HD is nice, but I don't think my macbook pro can handle it. Besides 2560x1440 pixel density is high enough for me (I barely see a difference with my retina screen side by side)