mabbutt

Jan 7, 2013
Hi all,

We have just moved to Bali and started work a few days ago!

At the moment we are staying at a friends house whilst we look for our own long term accommodation.

We have already called most of the numbers on the posters and notes stuck at various places. What we have found is that our budget of around 25 million a year is realistic but unfortunately these places are at present occupied. It is encouraging to know that they do exist though!

Does anyone know of a small one or two bedroom apartment or house to rent long term in the Sanur area?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

mabbutt

Jan 7, 2013
Hi all,

We found a great two bed villa for 3 million a month right in central Sanur.

There are loads of places available but the challenge is finding them as people here don't seem to advertise.

We simply went every where asking anyone and normally after several phone calls from a local a viewing is arranged.

So we are very happy :icon_biggrin:

Andrew

Mar 25, 2012
Sanur
Sorry mabbutt,

but if you refer to Markits recent posts, you should know how he means it. I suggest you look at the last three letters of his post. :O)

And there are cases where people rented houses only to find out it was a scam. And it fits with the topic...

mabbutt

Jan 7, 2013
You're right Andrew and maybe the negative tone of the post was what annoyed me.

Lets hope it isn't a scam and as I'm lying here it appears to be all OK.

I guess time will tell!

Andrew

Mar 25, 2012
Sanur
Whish you luck. We all hope that you don´t have to apologize to Markit, hahaha. And if he was right, than just offer him enough cheese and whiskey and he will personally scare away the owners. That means that you should keep a stock of cheese, just in case, but it´s not safe in your house. Store it at no.idea´s place instead. :icon_cool:

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Mabbutt, I am happy to come to the house warming. I promise not to steal any cheese and give it to Markit later. I assume you are somewhere around Jalan Bumi Ayu.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
People GET A FUCKING SENSE OF HUMOUR!!! IDIOTS....:icon_exclaim:

Very good point markit....we all should.
BTW....Have you ever posted anything actually funny; coz I'm fairly new here and must have missed it....perhaps a repeat?

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
It must be contagious.

My post isn't to indicate that I'm such a yuk, yuk, ha, ha kinda guy but more to the point that to exist here in Bali without pulling your hair out (presuming you still have any) requires a certain amount of happiness at being confronted by the inane, idiotic and down-right bizarre on a daily, if not hourly, basis.

I have met many people who call Bali their second home - many of them desperately unhappy but having burnt their bridges are "doomed" to have to stay here. Without exception these are all good, honest and serious people. But not very funny.

The ones that I have met that just love it here and leap out of bed with a smile on, are.

End of essay, Davita check your face in the morning. :icon_e_biggrin:

Last edited:

jennmark

Oct 12, 2012
Well, all 'joking' aside, I'm looking for something similar myself - seems to be I'm always looking with not a lot of 'finding' happening for me! We're after a 2-3 bedroom home in central Sanur (Jl Bumi Ayu or north is our preference, and beachside of the bypass for sure). We have a severely disabled 7 year old daughter and we try to stay within walking distance of the shops, beach, our Balinese friends, etc so we can avoid awkward transfers of her wheelchair via taxi/car. A pool would be great, but if not we thought we might bring over a large (12ft?) inflatable so a space/garden to put that would do. The place we normally stay at is being renovated, and apparently their planning on pricing themselves much like a private villa (which it's not) so we're needing to find a new hangout. We come to Bali for the worst of the NZ winter each year - 2 months anytime between July and the end of October. Hoping for 10m Rp a month or less. We'd consider leasing for a year or two if we found the right place at the right price (and we'd have tjhe perfect excuse to come more often!). If anyone can help us out, we'd truly appreciate it. Jenn