ilovett

Jan 5, 2012
Hello Everyone!

My wife and 10 month old are coming to Bali for 3 months starting in February. We are looking to spend under $500US per month (as little as possible). One thing I want to know is it possible to find places for only 3 months? A lot of what I have found is based on year long leases.

I plan on doing work on my laptop and while internet is desired, it is not required. We don't have a location picked as we're willing to be almost anywhere. I would like to do plenty of surfing and live near a village/market of some sort. We will probably be doing lots of biking and cabbing as needed. AC is not required, we would be happy with mosquito nets and fans.

Can anyone recommend places where we should be looking?

Should we be planning this in advance or get there and try to find a place. How difficult is that?

PS: If anyone has seen "Eat Pray Love" we are looking for something similar to the house in that movie

Thanks!
Ian

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
500 month might be possible for a family but wow it will take some looking!! especially for only 3 months.

And you will have to do it from here - anything that cheap will not be advertised. There's a facebook page called bali housing and accommodation that might be useful.

we were in balian yesterday. a perfect place for you - lots of surf and very laid-back ! - but not sure what's available as far as rental goes.

btw the eat pray love house (which is in ubud) would probably set you back at least $100 a night!