pollyanna

Does anyone know where we can get outdoor faucets with outside threads that allow standard garden watering connectors to be attached? The hoses keep popping off the taps we currently have no matter how tightly we try to clamp the hoses on.

I use screw up ring clips [ the type used for hoses on car or on gas fittings] You can buy at most garage supply shops. I tried everything else, even brought connectors from the UK, but they didn't work. No problem with the clips.

I use screw up ring clips [ the type used for hoses on car or on gas fittings] You can buy at most garage supply shops. I tried everything else, even brought connectors from the UK, but they didn't work. No problem with the clips.

You’ve had better luck than we have with the clips. I’ve tried them, so has Bob and so has the guy who works for us. The hose always ends up popping off. I would love to find some sensible taps.

You can go to a hardware shop...take your hose fitting with you..and ask for a "sambungan drat luar". (thats how it sounds anyway). Its a "Connector with an outside thread"

hopefully is brass, then you can buy a brass tap (dissasemble it so you dont melt the washers inside), take it to a "benkel las" (welding shop), and get them to braze it on.

ive been looking too, but never found anything suitable.

In the end i just bought a good quality hose clamp with a wide band (Klamp selang) and clamped it on.

If you have normal house pressure (32psi in the west...usually about 20 psi here though) it should hold.

if youve got a garden fitting on the end of your hose that you can turn off at the nozzle....make sure you turn it off at the tap, not at the nozzle...and it should never come off...even if the clamps not great. (im sure you already know this)

Pollyanna, I bought taps with an outside thread (just like from "home") from ACE hardware in Denpasar. I have the screw on connectors that then clip into the hose connectors, which obviously allows me to use spray wands etc etc and, of course, now I dont have a problem with that pesky hose popping off.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where we can get outdoor faucets with outside threads that allow standard garden watering connectors to be attached? The hoses keep popping off the taps we currently have no matter how tightly we try to clamp the hoses on.

Use the faucets that have an attachement to push the hose on.If you unscrew that there is an outside thread that fits your screw-on connectors.The thread is rather short,but i never had a problem there.

Any bigger store sells them,but take care about the quality.I already have seen faucets split in two or completely exploding here.Onda or Wasser are your best bets i think.

Last edited:
Hi pollyanna,

you can get something much better at ACE Hardware. It´s like an adapter which fits the faucets even if the taps don't have a thread. Not sure how to describe them. I´ll try to take or find a picture tomorrow and upload it.

hozelock-round-tap-connector.jpg

It looks similar to this one, only green. Works perfectly. You just push it over the tap, tighten it, finished. You can attach the hose with a normal adapter. Even the neighbours like it. Found one of mine at my neighbours place some weeks ago :)

One more thing: maybe if your pump has a high water pressure, and the adapter will come off. So better try one first before you buy a lot. I still have one spare, so if you want to, you can try mine.

Thanks Andrew, but you’re right about the pressure. We’re using rainwater pumped up from the tank in our house but outside we’re using town water and that has too much pressure when we turn the hose on full as one is likely to do. Everything pops off including the one you’ve pictured above although that one works better than many solutions we’ve tried.

I think the main problem with the clamp system is that the faucets don’t have enough flange for the clamps to snug up to. Well, that is stated very badly so I hope you know what I mean.

Hermit brought us the one he described above and so far so good. Because it is screwed on it won’t pop off unless it breaks of course.

I don’t know how many times we’ve been maniacally sprayed when those damn things go but it does provide entertainment for anyone who happens to be watching and an opportunity to be creative with our vocabulary.

Regarding too much pressure from town water .

I picked up a pressure reduction valve from my last visit to Australia , this solves that problem ..., perhaps you may know someone who can post one over for you . They come in various thread sizes . Mine cost about AUD$70.00 . Not cheap , but the quality is excellent.

I would be glad if I had too much pressure. I think my neighbour uses so much water that all that is left here is a tiny trickle :) Have to install a tank and booster pump asap.

But I think Pollyannas problem is not high pressure that will damage something (faucets, water heater), it only makes the hose come off the faucets because you cannot attach them properly. For areas with changing water pressure and really high pressure the reduction valve is a good idea.

Back