matcar

Apr 30, 2011
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a notaris in Bali (Denpasar/Kuta/sanur area) for making a standard prenup? The ones i found so far is asking for around 2jt! Is that the normal price here for a standard simple prenup?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I believe that was what we paid a couple of years ago. In Jakarta we were quoted less. It took a couple of consultations to get what we wanted, so I didn't really think it was expensive at the time. I would look for someone who actually understands why you are making the prenup and what you want included in it. The first notary we went to for example just printed a template off from her computer and wanted us to sign that, without even understanding what we wanted it for.

Mark

Apr 19, 2004
Can anyone recommend a notaris in Bali (Denpasar/Kuta/sanur area) for making a standard prenup? The ones i found so far is asking for around 2jt! Is that the normal price here for a standard simple prenup?

Spicy's advice is sound. Make sure the notary knows what you want the agreement for and what your current situation is regarding assets etc. Obviously, the more work, the higher the cost, but it's obviously better to have the right agreement even if it costs more than a form template that may or may not adequately address your situation. You should also see an English translation of the agreement before you sign unless you are fluent in Bahasa Indonesia. I think we paid 3jt in Jakarta a few years back, but that included the filing of the document with the district court, as well as registration of our subsequent marriage (which occurred at an Indo embassy abroad) and obtaining the official marriage certificate.

Thevoice

May 12, 2013
can anyone recommend any lawyer who could help us in a case that we do not have a pre-nup ....:(