robtld1001

Oct 31, 2010
i am an australian coming for bali tomorrow,
i get to bali on the 14th of november and leave on the 3rd of january this is a total of 50 days i originally thought that i would not need to apply for a visa for this stay as a tourist visa is 60 days can i just go to the airport show that i have a return ticket within 60 days or do i need to apply for a longer tourist visa or leave the country.... can somebody pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help me ASAP

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
No this is not correct. VOA is for 30 days but you can now get an extension for another 30 days but not on arrival. You will need to get the extension near to the time your first one runs out. You may also need a sponsor for the extension. The best way would have been to get a tourist visa prior to coming which is valid for 60 days.

robtld1001

Oct 31, 2010
No this is not correct. VOA is for 30 days but you can now get an extension for another 30 days but not on arrival. You will need to get the extension near to the time your first one runs out. You may also need a sponsor for the extension. The best way would have been to get a tourist visa prior to coming which is valid for 60 days.

thank you so much so where do i go to extend it?

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
don't panic!

As Jimbo says, it's easy to extend a VOA for an 30 extra days. My whole family did it a couple of months ago, no problem. And we didn't need a sponsor.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
thank you so much so where do i go to extend it?

You go to the Immigration Department of the Govt of Indonesia. There are 3 offices in Bali, one at the airport, one in Depasar (Renon) and one in Singaraja (west of the city on the road to Lovina).

kcooper1102

Jan 16, 2011
i am an australian coming for bali tomorrow,
i get to bali on the 14th of november and leave on the 3rd of january this is a total of 50 days i originally thought that i would not need to apply for a visa for this stay as a tourist visa is 60 days can i just go to the airport show that i have a return ticket within 60 days or do i need to apply for a longer tourist visa or leave the country.... can somebody pleaseeeeeeeeeeee help me ASAP

Like everyone said, you can get a 30 day extension on your VOA; you do not need a sponsor. I just did it recently -- I went about a week before my VOA was set to expire and it took 6 days. This was the first time in all my travels where the ''proof of leaving the country'' was actually enforced. The first time I went to the office I did not have a ticket out of the country and they would not process my application for the extension without it.

It is kind of a pain. You need to go to the office three separate times, once to put in the the application for the extension, once to pay and once to pick up your passport with the new visa in it. I believe you can get an agent to do all of this for you, but I am not sure of the cost. Doing yourself is easy though, just annoying.

Last edited: