Igyl

Oct 25, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get natural (ie no DEET) wrist bands or patches to repel Mosquitos in Bali? I've heard they are available in Singapore but am wondering if they can be bought here.

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Sanur/Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Dont know if its available in Bali, but we use a tee tree based cream out here in the west oz desert where flys and mozzies are rampant. Look for something that has the tee tree or melaluca base in it. Its natural and works great. :icon_e_smile:

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Does anyone know where I can get natural (ie no DEET) wrist bands or patches to repel Mosquitos in Bali? I've heard they are available in Singapore but am wondering if they can be bought here.

Natural repellents can fairly easily be bought in Bali. You don't mention where you're located in Bali. In Ubud across from Indonesia Pos you can get natural repellents at Buddha Bali and also at other locations around town. I think I remember buying some at Juice Ja. I think Cafe Moka also has sprays or roll-ons, not patches or wrist bands.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Natural repellents can fairly easily be bought in Bali. You don't mention where you're located in Bali. In Ubud across from Indonesia Pos you can get natural repellents at Buddha Bali and also at other locations around town. I think I remember buying some at Juice Ja. I think Cafe Moka also has sprays or roll-ons, not patches or wrist bands.
I use "minyak tawon" which can be bought at any apotek. It's less than Rp15.000 a bottle and it repels mosquitoes. It also takes away the itch if you've already been bitten.

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I have been using AUTAN and SOFFELL, they are available as a lotion and Spray...both work real nice.
The original poster asked for products that did NOT contain DEET. Both the products you've mentioned contain DEET, a toxic chemical which may cause "...insomnia, mood disturbances and impaired cognitive function" (quoted from Wikipedia) and in a small number of cases may cause seizures.

DEET - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Search Google with DEET; you'll find more.

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
Dont know if its available in Bali, but we use a tee tree based cream out here in the west oz desert where flys and mozzies are rampant. Look for something that has the tee tree or melaluca base in it. Its natural and works great. :icon_e_smile:
I check out the cream at work to check on the contents. It contains oils of cedarwood and rosemary blended into an olive oil cream. it is made in West Australia and appears to be distributed without a brand name mainly to mining companies.
I used it last evening whilst waiting for a plane to fly back to Perth. It was 42 degrees and there were 10 million flies around. The cream worked a treat! :icon_e_smile:

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I don't know how you Ozzys can stand that. Never been but every time I see Oz in TV the people are spending all their time waving their arms around. Must have arms like a Fiddler Crab all of you.

It would drive me mad to have the bugs continuously crawling in every available orifice.

Maybe thats why.... be careful Markit!

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
I don't know how you Ozzys can stand that. Never been but every time I see Oz in TV the people are spending all their time waving their arms around. Must have arms like a Fiddler Crab all of you.

It would drive me mad to have the bugs continuously crawling in every available orifice.

Maybe thats why.... be careful Markit!
Yes, be careful Markit! :icon_razz:

Niskala

Nov 10, 2005
Perth W Australia
Natural and works well

Would love to get the brand name and supplier here in WA
Niskala

Mata

Nov 28, 2010

J st apply minyak kayu putih all over avoid eyes, nose and mouth area

goldminer

Apr 16, 2008
My wife just showed me some lotion she bought from babycare shop last time we were in Indo. Its called "Zwitsal" contains citronella,chamomile exract, mineral oil and lots of other stuff. :icon_rolleyes: We use it for the lil princess when in Indo. Sure to work on adults as well.

Yeamyeam

Jul 28, 2013
Heard that sesame oil works well, according to the info given by my Chinese friend. I will try it tonight!:barbershop_quartet_

aniani

Sep 11, 2012
We use Neem and Sandstouch mozzie spray and lotion.

We use Neem lotion and spray ( any good pharmacy should stock it or their store is Indoneem.com) and I love Sandstouch anti mozzie spray as it smells heavenly!
Sandstouch - Where to Buy

Georgie

Mar 10, 2011
Bukit
We use Soy Oil (Happy Salad Oil)

It repels mosquitoes but not flys. It also conditions your skin, soaks in better than a massage oil, so your not all lubed up.

davita

Mar 13, 2012

I saw them for sale in Bintang supermarket yesterday...just behind the check-out counters among all the other tourist bric-a-brac. I think they use a battery.

davita

Mar 13, 2012
Personally, I use a hammer.
A hammer to condition your skin seems a little over the top...although I do know my wife uses a hammer to tenderize meat whilst saying my name in a soft voice......:icon_mrgreen: Maybe I should buy some lotion!