msjay

Oct 10, 2011
Hi all!

I'm new on Balipod, so please forgive me if I'm posting this in the incorrect place. I'm a 30yo woman from South Africa looking at coming to Bali for 2 months (which will hopefully turn into 4 if I can get my visa extended) mid November, and am booking myself into a backpackers in Sanur for the first two weeks. I'm hoping that in this time I'll be able to find a decent 1 or 2 bedroom rental in the area (preferably a house). Can anyone give me an idea of whether it's realistic to find decent accommodation in this timeframe and what kind of prices I would be looking at? Furnished and wifi are essential. Also, any advice on other areas (fairly quiet with amenities close by) most welcome :)

Any other thoughts/tips or advice hugely appreciated! (I have no current contacts in Bali and will be traveling alone)

msjay

Oct 10, 2011
Hi Andre,

Thanks so much for your response. Yikes, that's a little out of my budget (closer to very most I could pay per month - and that would still be stretching it a little). Am I being unrealistic hoping to find a 1 or 2 bedroom house at under 6mil per month? I will be staying for a minimum of 2 months.

Rambutmerah

Jul 30, 2006
Villa/house

If you opt for a normal small house you don't have to pay that much. For a Bali style Villa it's a very different story. Check Bali Advertiser the Real Estate section.

cw116

Jul 21, 2011
hi msjay,

I have a room in a lovely villa in Sanur (shared with two other women) available from the 21st of November for 25 dollars a night. The house, garden, pool are amazing, and you won't find a nicer place for that price! (I looked everywhere) Let me know if you'd like to come and have a look.

Best,

Christina

cwood116 at hotmail dot com