Login

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
I tihnk the problem is also the same as Cali's Nearly all branches are showing unread threads but I have read them and I did find the mark forums read function but it didnt work or I didn't work it properly....

I think I found a solution for this. I try it tomorrow.

I hope the rest of the people is ok with this

I always followed d-m-y but since working for American companies, and especially working with software, mostly from the US, I just got used to m-d-y especially on computers.

tintin

Sep 13, 2005
Boston, MA, USA
Yesterday, I became aware of the refurbished Balipob. It took me about TWENTY tries, plus several private email exchanges with the Administrator, pointing out some problems with the display, to finally find out that I was ALREADY registered with my old name and password.

I don't seem to be able to include icons???

Last edited:

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
I have just worked out why I was having problems signing in.
When I opened the site it says to log in. At the top of the page there is "user name' and an empty box to the right. It was in this box I was putting my user name. I now realize that I should have put my user name in the"user name' box and my password in the empty box. Maybe I was just thick, or is it confusing?

Jimbo

Jan 11, 2005
Manchester and Makassar
I had similar problems with logging in plus I could not find the box as it was on a very dark backgrounf. Further more my request to log in automatically on each visit does not seem to work. Teething troubles I am sure :)

balipod-admin

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 12, 2010
Can you tell me why I can’t place the icons in with the text as before?

E.g.: after before in this case. Now I have to place an “?” mark.

You mean smilies? :icon_biggrin: You need to click "go adance" to see them. You also get more different options for changing the font and color of your post.

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
You mean smilies? :icon_biggrin: You need to click "go adance" to see them. You also get more different options for changing the font and color of your post.

No, when i go to advance the icons are available but when i click on one of them it will go to the end of the Title box.
Also there are no option for different colours.

In the quick reply i don't have the icons option but i have the colour option.
I am in advance now and i click on the smile incon and you will see it will show up next to the title box.
Any ideas ????? next to idea i can't place the question incon
Thanks

mimpimanis

Nov 4, 2003
Kuta, Lombok
www.mimpimanis.com
Lumuba - if you are using the icons under the text box, they are post icons and will appear in the subject. There should be some icons to the right of the box...only 15 and not so much choice. These appear in your post if you use them. If you dont see them maybe you need to adjust your settings as per Spicys message a few days ago. There is no ? for you though emoticons are more limited than before :icon_sad:

lumumba

Sep 17, 2008
Bandung-Bali-Jakarta
Lumuba - if you are using the icons under the text box, they are post icons and will appear in the subject. There should be some icons to the right of the box...only 15 and not so much choice. These appear in your post if you use them. If you dont see them maybe you need to adjust your settings as per Spicys message a few days ago. There is no ? for you though emoticons are more limited than before :icon_sad:

Yes i do use the one under the box and no other available.
I didn't see the message from Spicy end i can't find it. Do you know where it is?
Thanks

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
This isn't a big issue for me but I'd like to fix it if I can. In the posted messages all the emoticons are just a small blue box with a question mark in it. I have gone to settings and clicked the "advance" button to active but that didn't work. Could it be because I'm on a Mac and this problem isn't fixable?

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
This isn't a big issue for me but I'd like to fix it if I can. In the posted messages all the emoticons are just a small blue box with a question mark in it. I have gone to settings and clicked the "advance" button to active but that didn't work. Could it be because I'm on a Mac and this problem isn't fixable?

Can you please send me a screen shot baliexpatforum at gmail.com

Also what browser and version are you using?

pollyanna

Feb 8, 2010
Ubud, Bali
Spicy, are you trying to trick me?? Just kidding, but the strangest thing has happened. For the first time since we went to the new platform the smilies look like little happy yellow faces. I'm glad to have them back rather than those little blue question mark boxes. Thanks for offering to fix the problem but I'm sure you're as glad as I am for it to have fixed itself.

begonia

Oct 10, 2007
Yes i do use the one under the box and no other available.
I didn't see the message from Spicy end i can't find it. Do you know where it is?
Thanks

Same here, I just read mimpimanis post and I went to check my settings but I couldn´t find anything related to the icons.
Where is the post Spicy talk about this? as lumumba I have not icons on the right side of the box, only under.
I cannot imagine how much work Spicy has these days!!!!!!!!!!!!! terimakasi banyak!!!
have a good day!