abbey

Apr 12, 2011
hi all pod members have a 1 week old laptop with problems big retailer wont cover
its warranty here in aust is it worth bringing it for repair on next visit soon?
can be any location is fine singaraja most be most suitable here is $600 approx:icon_evil: thanks in advance

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
I just had my apple mac repaired in denpasar, new logi board cost Rp 5.5 million :icon_e_sad:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
Can you give any details, like make, model, and what's happening - like totally dead, or begins the power-on sequence but does not complete it, or what. If you bought it in Indonesia and it is Windows, do you know if you have a genuine licensed cop of Windows - or is it what they call here "not original". This will have some bearing on who you should go to for help.

Maybe you just have to get it repaired without using a warranty - you can find suburban computer places in Australia who often do a reasonable job, but you will get the repairs cheaper in Bali.

abbey

Apr 12, 2011
laptop

:icon_rolleyes:
I just had my apple mac repaired in denpasar, new logi board cost Rp 5.5 million :icon_e_sad:
gee thats a lott of RPS... have had other thing fixed in bali over many years and always been happy with price

abbey

Apr 12, 2011
laptop repairs

Can you give any details, like make, model, and what's happening - like totally dead, or begins the power-on sequence but does not complete it, or what. If you bought it in Indonesia and it is Windows, do you know if you have a genuine licensed cop of Windows - or is it what they call here "not original". This will have some bearing on who you should go to for help.

Maybe you just have to get it repaired without using a warranty - you can find suburban computer places in Australia who often do a reasonable job, but you will get the repairs cheaper in Bali.
thanks robn its 1 week old broken screen quoted $300 for screen plus $150 start rate for installation it only cost $699 may be i can bring it and see how we go its all genunine

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
thanks robn its 1 week old broken screen quoted $300 for screen plus $150 start rate for installation it only cost $699 may be i can bring it and see how we go its all genunine
I suppose if its not component failure, and the screen is physically broken by some sort of accident, then the warranty would not cover it. But the labour component of the repair cost will be lower in Bali. The replacement screen will still cost a bit.

abbey

Apr 12, 2011
laptop repair

I suppose if its not component failure, and the screen is physically broken by some sort of accident, then the warranty would not cover it. But the labour component of the repair cost will be lower in Bali. The replacement screen will still cost a bit.
thanks ronb the model is a samsung notebook n p rv511 -ao7au
will try to find a repair shop in singaraja and get them to order a new screen :icon_e_confused:

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
You could also consider going to the Rimo Trade Centre (RTC) in Denpasar. This place is full of small businesses but they network alot. So if you choose one for the repair, they will check to see if they can find the spare parts locally before having to order it in from Jakarta or whereever. The place I go to is Gi Computer which is two levels up. The main guy, if he is there, speaks good English, they seem resourceful, and their prices are good. But I think the place is full of others who would be also good.

abbey

Apr 12, 2011
laptop repairs

You could also consider going to the Rimo Trade Centre (RTC) in Denpasar. This place is full of small businesses but they network alot. So if you choose one for the repair, they will check to see if they can find the spare parts locally before having to order it in from Jakarta or whereever. The place I go to is Gi Computer which is two levels up. The main guy, if he is there, speaks good English, they seem resourceful, and their prices are good. But I think the place is full of others who would be also good.
wonderfull advice as usual just what this forum is about accurate info from experience expats first stop on arrival denpasar
thanks ronb have to buy you a beer or a :icon_wink:book

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com

Hi Abbey,
We are computer services in Bali, specializing in repairing any brand of laptops. LCD and optical drive replacement is so far the most case come in to our place as well as battery and charger replacement.

We have no details of your Samsung laptop specification, however you might check Samsung website for the detail specification. It says 15.6" LCD size which we don't have the part in stock. We have the common 15.4" size only, new and second hand part. The written spec might be wrong so we are welcoming you to visit us with your laptop by appointment.

Find us:
www dot nyamabali dot com
(we are not yet allowed to post link in this forum)

alan mcneish

Jul 14, 2011
laptop screens

I live between Jjogja and the Sunshine coast, australia and every month travel between them and sometimes bring laptops with broken screens from Australia. In Jogja to replace a 15 inch toshiba laptop screen normally costs me 1.2jt incl labour, mind you in jogja an IT guy can work all day for rp 100k!

alan mcneish

Jul 14, 2011
new screen

There could be a good side business replacing laptops screens in indo for australia and either bring them in in your luggage or LCL ship them back?

Last edited:

nyamabalisoho

Mar 12, 2011
Bali
www.NyamaBali.com
There could be a good side business replacing laptops screens in indo for australia and either bring them in in your luggage or LCL ship them back?

Yes, it could be a very good business looking at cheaper labour here. This is exactly some of my customers been saying after getting their laptops repaired with us. I'm not sure how the customs and regulation works though in Bali and abroad on shuttling laptop (s) back forth.
Kindly check with both customs or try first yourself and report here please? :D