noodlelover

Hi....since we are moving to Lovina in June, would like to know what connection can we use to go to Ngurah Rai airport and at what cost?

there is no regular connection that I know of. if you are frequently flying in and out then i would suggest that either you rent a car and drive yourself - it's cheap to leave cars at the airport, or get a regular car+driver (either full time or freelance).

I certainly wouldn't want to arrive from a long trip and have to start bargaining at the airport about the cost of a trip. Much better to know that somebody reliable is going to be there to pick you up.

I'm not sure of the price but can text my driver friend if you like and get a quote.

Or, since you're going to live there, you're probably better off building a relationship with a Lovina based driver.

cheers

There are shuttle bus services which depart from Lovina and can continue onto the airport at the cost of about 80,000 per person. They may however stop at Ubud/Sanur/Kuta making the trip a long one. I agree with Phil to either get your own car or get to know a local driver. A car with driver should cost around 400,000 for the trip.

Thanks for your advise Phil!

Would be a great help if I can get the cost from your driver friend.

The one who travels quite frequent is my husband. We have only 1 car and he can be outside the island (or the country) min. 2 weeks so i dont really like the idea to leave the car at the airport. But to have on demand driver certainly a good idea. I will also looking around when we are already in Lovina to get a driver to have such arrangement.

Hi...Spicyayam thanks for your reply! Is this service from Perama? 80k certainly a good price, as long as we arrive in Sanur/Kuta then we can continue with taxi to make it faster (all in all certainly cheaper than 400k). But to make it comfortable when returning to Bali I like it much better the idea to have such a freelance driver.

Hi...Spicyayam thanks for your reply! Is this service from Perama? 80k certainly a good price, as long as we arrive in Sanur/Kuta then we can continue with taxi to make it faster (all in all certainly cheaper than 400k). But to make it comfortable when returning to Bali I like it much better the idea to have such a freelance driver.

Depending on the driver, it can be really beneficial to develop a relationship with a driver, especially if you do not speak Bahasa Indonesia or Balinese. The drivers often have great connections around Bali and can be a good source of information about the island. And, as you said in an earlier post, it feels so much better to walk out of the airport knowing there is a smiling face to meet you.

the driver i know who is based in canggu came back with 700,000 which i thought was outrageous! i really think you should find somebody who is based in Lovina - maybe somebody else on the forum has a contact up there.

Perama is one company but there are people that provide shuttle bus services. All of the hotels can book the service. I will PM you the number of a reliable driver in Lovina.

Rp500.000 one way is outrageous. The normal price for a driver to just drop, no stops on the way, is Rp350 to 400.000.

Better to use one of the shuttle services, as Spicy recommended.

Back