j9thekind

Apr 24, 2012
I'm was offered a position there and I'm considering it, but I am a little concerned about the salary (under 7 million). I'm really excited about the prospect of teaching online, but from reading the other posts I'm a little concerned about living there on that amount of money. However, I am used to living frugally, and for a good experience, I'd be willing to embrace the challenges. I'd love to hear anyone's input regarding what it's like to work there, advice and and what it's like to live in Bali on that amount of money. I realize this has been posted before, but any new information and/or comments from members who are working there would be greatly appreciated:)

calitobali

Jul 10, 2008
It would be tough though not impossible to live in Bali on under 7 million as a newcomer. My concern would be more about what I have heard from people's experiences working for them. They say that the hours are long and that teaching English over the internet sounds good on paper but really sucks in practice.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
Some may find it hard. I would find it impossible. My monthly beer bill is higher than that.

cindiot

Dec 8, 2011
My coworker used to work there. Sorry to say she didn't enjoy it that much, but that's also because she worked at their Denpasar location that she didn't particularly enjoy to live near and had to live separately from her husband who is based in Ubud (now they both are).

The hours are strange, as someone already said. She worked Tues - Sat, and starts at 6 AM or even earlier. But she worked there because they gave her proper working visa, so that's a plus.

Good luck!

j9thekind

Apr 24, 2012
Ah more bad news, they mentioned to me that the hours were irregular but that sounds REALLY irregular, even for an early riser like myself. Still, as you said the working visa is a plus. I'm a little torn between the surfacing realities of this job and the chance to live/work and Bali, I'm unfortunately going to have to give this one a little more thought before I jump into it.

natta

May 19, 2011
Jimbaran
I have friends that work there that say its not too bad if you can live simple and not want for much. Some are on contract and some not, usually they earn around 8mil - 10mil a month but they can always pick up extra classes if they wish to do so. I think they earn around 50,000 a class but depending on how many classes they do can receive extra as well as incentives. They work 5 days a week, either morning or afternoon shift and will pick up extra classes on one of their days off to increase their monthly salary. I guess if you have no other commitments and want to experience life in Bali it is a way to do this, good luck with your decision making.

Nikkimol

Jul 16, 2013
Teaching in Bali

Ah more bad news, they mentioned to me that the hours were irregular but that sounds REALLY irregular, even for an early riser like myself. Still, as you said the working visa is a plus. I'm a little torn between the surfacing realities of this job and the chance to live/work and Bali, I'm unfortunately going to have to give this one a little more thought before I jump into it.

Hi, Did you end up going to Bali with EF? I have just accepted a job and am feeling concerned in relation to the reviews.
Appreciate any comments,thanks Nikki:icon_rolleyes:

Peanic

Jul 23, 2013
I live on 4 mil a month so if it is the money you think you cant live on then Bali not the place for you to live ....but if it is for the experience and lifestyle and people then it is everything .......

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Peanic could you perhaps tell us all a bit more about it please? How hard was it to get the job, does the 4mil include room and board, how are the conditions, etc?