chanchou

Mar 18, 2012
Hello,
We are a french canadian family who is living in Quebec city,Canada. Province of Quebec is mostly french speaking surrounded by 400 000 millions english people(North America). So we've decided to give a chance to our children to learn english in a totally english speaking surrrounding. We're gonna move to Bali in January 2013 for 6-8 month for this project. I checked out on the web about international primary schools. Someones are interesting and affordables and others really too much expensives. Did someone have or heard experience with Canggu school, Sanur Independant School, AISB, BIS and Green School? Wich school do you recommand for our children (grade 2 and 4)
Thank you!
Chanchou

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
my kids (3yo and 5yo) go to canggu and we're very very happy with the school - they're both very sporty so its ideal that the facilities at the canggu club (esp the pool) are available for them. there's a few french there, they tend to block the entrance in their tennis dresses and speak french very conspicuously but, hey, you can choose to ignore them (once you've found a way around them).

the trick (or one of the tricks) in living in bali is to keep commuting to a minimum (eg it takes me 15 minutes on the motorbike to take my kids to school). so if you live in sanur you'd send your kids to school there etc. so maybe the idea is to come here, work out where you want to live, and then check out the nearby schools.

hope this helps

phil

motormouth

Aug 29, 2009
Canggu
Dont mean to be rude, but isn't all of Canada english speaking, except for the unusual Quebec? Funny, l was with a friend from France in Quebec years ago, he had difficulty understanding the accent in Quebec...nice place, a little quirky

chanchou

Mar 18, 2012
Thank's Phil for your help.
Could you tell us about pricing (average) for villa, electricity, car rental, internet, phone, food. Just an idea about living coast
Thank's again!

phil170258

Feb 13, 2011
i'm sure there's a sticky on the forum that goes into this with some detail - just do a search using 'bali living costs'