The Vegies

I have a house in Changu that needs some plumbing fixed. I need a new toilet, a shower leak fixed and new hot water service. I have emailed him and called three times this week and can't get him to call me back. Does anyone know at a complete guess how much it will cost to get a new toilet put in. OMG it's so frustrating!!!!

Local Building Crew.

When we moved into our current rental in a low key area of Denpasar we got a local crew to renovate the kitchen, change the crouch loo for a western one plumbed in, take out the shower and plumbing from an upstairs toilet, create an outside shower, install a hot water heater and replace hand basins in both toilets. The complete deal took three weeks and cost us 12 million. Never had an issue with the work.

Just replaced the roof for stronger tiles and the whole suspended ceiling too. I first got a quote from Mr. Fixit that came to about 90 million. I went again with the local crew for a third of the price, all materials and paints included.

So far no leaks and things are cool.

Cheers,
Mark.

how much it will cost to install a toilet...the price of a toilet and then add 75K for the guy to install it..
the same guy (9 out of 10) can also right away fix your leak, if it ain't nothing mayor like pipes in a wall but more like a leaking showerhead or tap he will fix that using selotip 'white gastape' and silicone/glue..
new hot water...maybe just the heating element or wiring in the boiler needs checked/replaced (could be as simple as flicking the thermostat safety switch over)..
if it ain't the switch, then for the money just buy a new one, and he can install that too..take the old one down and the new one up..
all in all not more then half a day work, so 75K is generous enough.

hope everything will be fixed, don't get frustated...it ain't helping so why be it..know what I mean?
Sabar pak :icon_wink:

Happened to me too 2 years ago, never got a reply. Just use a capable local guy...

I have a house in Changu that needs some plumbing fixed. I need a new toilet, a shower leak fixed and new hot water service. I have emailed him and called three times this week and can't get him to call me back. Does anyone know at a complete guess how much it will cost to get a new toilet put in. OMG it's so frustrating!!!!

Ask locally, there will be some one who can help. Go to Mitre 10 and grab the gear. You will be surprised how cheap the items you mentioned actually are.
The frustration will eventually disappear. It may take another 5 years or so however it will eventually disappear.
Instead you will find yourself uttering phrases such as "This week. You can deliver my new bed as soon as this week. Wonderful. Thank you ".

Mr. Fixit never seems to call back. He called me a couple of years ago when I was contemplating putting in a solar water heater with a big plan to provide all kinds of goodies for a do-it-yourself one that he wanted to test at my place. I got all ready to go and called him for the go-ahead and that was the last I heard... That was 2 years ago - I expect him any day now.

vegies , try not to get your knickers in a knot over things you dont have controll over or youll drive yourself nuts .....

Your episode with mr fixit is rather the norm in Bali , plus maybe he is away or whatever ? the others also have a pulse on another likely scenerio, but only mr fixit himself truely knows the answer to to that question.

Ive found it easier to never expect anything ..., ie; promptness, professionalism , quality , guarantees , etc ....,
if you go get it , then be truely gratefull you did , and when you dont you need to just say, " oh well ? , better resort to your other plan B , C , or D etc . "
- ( you do have a plan B , C , or D right ? ) ...,

I often need to remind myself of this.

Also my other rule which I like to apply here which is , " If I want it done right , then do it myself " ..., as it doesnt matter how much instructions you seem to give of your required outcome , most times people will end up doing what they want anyway , and not what you want .

..., remember , for every expert master craftsman , there will always be a thousand cowboys ...., it your guess to find out which ones which .

- on a positive note - bananas and papayas were cheap today at the market .

Last edited:
CanonMan,

do you have a contact name and telephone number for the guy who fitted your toilet, need somebody quickly, I paid a builder about 5 months ago for work on my house and told him if he had any delay to be honest and let us know, My wife has travelled there to see our house finished last week and although he has been behind he has caught up quickly with tileing the bathrooms and fitting the suite but been stuck about 5 days now with no water running through the toilet so my wife and her friend cant use the house, which defies the wholepoint of the trip, The guy was told if he was on time then he would get the buisness to build my garage soon but my wife only booked a short trip and leaves in 10 days and may never get to use the house, Cant use the toilet in one bathroom without the other one leaking. Guy has done a great job so far but he does everything by himself to save money and i think its time to get help in and speed things up.

Back