rasi

I am planning to move to Bali with my Indonesian husband and know I will miss my own Western foods. Does anyone know the cost of a bag of pasta. I remember looking at Carrefour and thinking it wasn't expensive but now I cant remember...

Also I have looked for Masterfood BBQ sauce (my absolute favourite) but couldn't find it anywhere, although my husband assures me it is available. has anyone seen it?

I know pretty stupid questions :)

local spaghetti at Hardys = 14000 Rh.

Get the recipe and make it yourself or even better hire a nice Balinese person to cook for you and train her/him how to do it and they will have a job forever and you won't have to go into the kitchen again.

Markit the star

Your comments are so crass, to the point and so very funny, keep it up...... vegemite where r u??????? Bintang has deleted it, and now I have to beg and borrow from friends....... help needed from the crass and albiet beautiful markit..... (sorry suck comment, but deperate)

not sure about masterfood bbq sauce but ABD food mart in singaraja has a selection of imported foods, not a whole lot but they had mac and cheese, actual swiss cheese(spendy as heck though) and kraft salad dressing(zesty italian). and bacon too! might be worth a shot

Masterfood BBQ

I am planning to move to Bali with my Indonesian husband and know I will miss my own Western foods. Does anyone know the cost of a bag of pasta. I remember looking at Carrefour and thinking it wasn't expensive but now I cant remember...

Also I have looked for Masterfood BBQ sauce (my absolute favourite) but couldn't find it anywhere, although my husband assures me it is available. has anyone seen it?

I know pretty stupid questions :)

Hi, I think I say Masterfood BBQ sauce at Hardy's Sanur. Not sure about the price though. Who knows, you might want to create your own BBQ sauce once you are here - as all the main ingredients are available and not expensive.

There are several deli shops here in Bali (The Pantry at Sanur, small little Deli shop in Ubud, Dijon at Kuta, Gourmet Garage at Jimbaran) and of course Carrefour - so, don't worry, you can find 'almost' everything here. It's just a matter of price...

Good luck with your move.

Because it's bottled industrial waste, that's why it's not on the shelf:icon_biggrin:

Vegemite!!!!!!

Thank you thank you Matselah, have bought two jars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark, you can slather it on your freshly caught fish; divine :icon_e_smile:

Vegemite is the health food of our nation. Have you tried Cheesymite Mats? My indo wife looooooves it. Its just vegemite with cheese mixed in. :icon_rolleyes:

OMG why oh why did u mention that........need a fix right now......
I love vegemite on top of a softly boiled egg... yuhmmmmmm:icon_mrgreen:

Do not be surprised when they stop you at the border - it is impossible to convince a normal human being, or border guard for that matter, that you actually eat that shite.

I will visit you in jail.

Do not be surprised when they stop you at the border - it is impossible to convince a normal human being, or border guard for that matter, that you actually eat that shite.

I will visit you in jail.
Make sure you bring enough Maccas for all of us ie Schapelle, Bali 9, the the new idiot etc :icon_lol:

Back