mistrala

Jul 11, 2011
Hi there I’m want to find ways to travel cheap to foreign countries. Not too much ago I have heard about option to exchange house with foreign for some time. What do you feel about this?. Do you know any other ways to travel with really low costs?

homeinbali

Apr 3, 2007
Western Australia
Home exchange

Hi there I’m want to find ways to travel cheap to foreign countries. Not too much ago I have heard about option to exchange house with foreign for some time. What do you feel about this?. Do you know any other ways to travel with really low costs?

Yes we have done home exchange, we joined a company in Australia and we actually swapped houses with a family of 5 from the UK, it was for 4 weeks. You have to be careful that you know up front what to expect and what you can and cannot do in the persons house, how far or close by anywhere is to the house you exchange into etc.. We emailed the family for a year before the exchange actually took place.

We still did have a few problems, the computer on loan (no laptop back then) packed up, the hot water system packed up and the place needed totally cleaning before we could move in. The family we exchanged with was actually doing a "round the world tour" using exchange houses and the family in their house before us were just really messy dirty people.

I haven't heard of anyone doing an exchange into Bali, my parents did do New Zealand, Tasmania and the UK also.

soontobeexpat

Dec 30, 2010
Perth, Australia

If you are one or two people travelling look on couch surfing - its house swap for younger people. You can go stay at someones house for free for a certain period of time & then when they come to your home town if they do you can let them stay at your home.

Only do your hotel when you get there (asia).. The cheapest room on the internet for Bali is 135,000 that I have found - come here and you can get quality rooms for half the price if not less

Talk and make friends with locals, you can do so many things you probably would never have known about and you can eat cheaper aswell.

alphonso

May 26, 2011
The cheapest room on the internet for Bali is 135,000 that I have found - come here and you can get quality rooms for half the price if not less

The Little Pond Homestay in Sanur has basic rooms with fan for Rp 100,000 per night. You need to email or call them to book.

I'm not worthy enough to post a URL as yet but if you surf to ellorabali dot com and then click on Hotel Accommodation up the top you will see it listed in there.