Whitesands has a quiz afternoon every second Sunday. I phoned Billy (the quiz master) and he advises me that it will conducted on Sunday the 30th at 4 PM going through until 7 PM. It is full with the regular crew for most of that time. The place would be fine at any other time.
A very easy place to get to is Sweet Magnolia beach cafe. There is a large parking area nearby. This is on the beach in the southern area of Sanur. The beach is known as Pantai Mertasari. This is just past the Mercure Hotel. It can be accessed via Jalan Mertasari and then Jalan Tirta Empul.
If you go to the following web site you can get all the current local newspapers. Click on the Sanur Weekly. Go to the second last page (43) and you will find a good map of Sanur. Sweet Magnolia is denoted as number 46.
ISSUU - My Bali Guide

Sweet Magnolia sounds like the perfect place, and we haven't met there before.

Do you have another map, no.idea? Can't load the Sanur Weekly; it times out on my very slow connection.

Copied and pasted into a new page. Can just read it now and I'm using a 15" monitor. Thank you.

So Sunday June 30, 4:30 pm @ Sweet Magnolia, Sanur? If anyone has a better map please post it here. I couldn't find a website for the place.

Spicy, what has Gardenia Guesthouse to do with Sweet Magnolia? I checked their website and couldn't find any mention of Sweet Magnolia. :icon_confused:

Sweet Magnolia is the sister restaurant of Gardenia. Don´t mix them :) Different location ... but not far apart.

I'm really keen for this type of catch up. I spend a few months each year in Java and Bali - I'm heading back to Bali in mid July to start building my first villa. I plan to spend upto 8 months a year from now on in Bali and any extra information going both ways is always helpfull. Please keep me upto date of any times and dates

I'm really keen for this type of catch up. I spend a few months each year in Java and Bali - I'm heading back to Bali in mid July to start building my first villa. I plan to spend upto 8 months a year from now on in Bali and any extra information going both ways is always helpfull. Please keep me upto date of any times and dates

Hey scooter, well I think the last Sunday of each quarter sounds good, and if that's too regular and numbers drop off we can make it 6 months after this one? I've done a few small property developments in regional Aus and I'd be more than happy to help anyone looking to do something here. Hopefully people with my experience and attitude (but in Bali) can help newbies like us get a start in Bali....why not help someone if you can....

Hey scooter, well I think the last Sunday of each quarter sounds good, and if that's too regular and numbers drop off we can make it 6 months after this one? I've done a few small property developments in regional Aus and I'd be more than happy to help anyone looking to do something here. Hopefully people with my experience and attitude (but in Bali) can help newbies like us get a start in Bali....why not help someone if you can....

Hi there, I think the end of each quarter sounds about right. I won't be there for this first one but after that I will. Please let me know the time and place for this first one and I'll tell a couple of other friends that are living in Bali now. Like you I've done a bit of developing in Australia but now want to base myself in Bali. I'm starting to build at the end of July in Kerobokan.

Wow that has to be exciting, hopefully done in 12 months if why I hear is true! See earlier posts for details :)

Back