Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
Hi Guys, this is my first thread...so be gentle! (markit! :) What I wondered and I don't know if it has been done before was how people felt about getting together for some drinks(or cheese!) and a chat for those that:
-are looking to build something or start a new business in Bali
-or for those that have done this

I am heading over next month, and as much as this forum can be of use, I'm sure there are people on here who don't know many, if any people in Bali and we could all help each other out and hopefully gain some friendsips out of it?
There maybe pros and cons to this idea, which I'm keen to hear, obviously it is more for people to help one another rather than go in there and try and sell something.
Where we would catch up can be finalised later based on whos interested and where they are etc.
Anyway PM me and/or put your thoughts on here-I'm all ears :)

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
In the past, Sanur has seemed to work well as a location for get togethers. I am away till June 14, but any meeting after that would be of interest.

no.idea

Feb 22, 2011
Sanur
I am in for any get together. As long as the beer is cold I am happy. I am about to head to the Anantara is Seminyak for a get together at noon.

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
Hi , how about last Friday or Sunday in June? Not long after i arrive. Say 4pm somewhere? I'm not too bothered sanur or seminyak. I'd choose seminyak (potato head or ku det ta) (sorry locals but I do like those spots! :) but if everyone is in Sanur that's cool.....

matsaleh

Super Moderator
May 26, 2004
Legian, Bali
Potatohead and Ku De Ta are way out of my price range. Anywhere else in Sanur or Seminyak (with reasonable prices) would suit me.

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
Potatohead and Ku De Ta are way out of my price range. Anywhere else in Sanur or Seminyak (with reasonable prices) would suit me.

No worries, we can go somewhere else:) I'm thrilled you guys are interested, why don't we lock in 4pm on the last Sunday in June(I know it's a little way off) in Seminyak? With the venue to be confirmed approximately a week before? Hope you can make it to Seminyak RonB? Hopefully it will be a regular thing, maybe every 3 months.

ronb

Aug 14, 2007
Ubud, Bali
No worries, we can go somewhere else:) I'm thrilled you guys are interested, why don't we lock in 4pm on the last Sunday in June(I know it's a little way off) in Seminyak? With the venue to be confirmed approximately a week before? Hope you can make it to Seminyak RonB? Hopefully it will be a regular thing, maybe every 3 months.

Last Sunday is June 30 - will be fine. (June 23 would also work.) Thanks.

scout

Jun 25, 2010
Ubud
I would love to attend again....but seminyak, nah....sanur is fine, and no idea has a plethora of local places he can recommend....

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
Hi guys, well I think we will make it Sanur then-the people have spoken!:friendly_wink: on the last Sunday 430pm :) be there or be square? I will notify all of a location(someone has to decide?) a week or so before, the one mentioned (sports bar- I've researched)sounded good. I'd prefer it not to be too seedy tho,suggestions invited but 4:30pm on the 30th sounds good :)

Smoke

Dec 3, 2011
Sanur
I will put it on the calender for Sunday June 30th 4:30 pm somewhere in sanur

I maybe having a pkg sent to me from New York . Anything for the party needed ? New York Chedder Cheese maybe

Dunaden

Nov 18, 2012
Noosa Heads
I will put it on the calender for Sunday June 30th 4:30 pm somewhere in sanur

I maybe having a pkg sent to me from New York . Anything for the party needed ? New York Chedder Cheese maybe

I think eatings cheating ! Just bintang or coronas for me! ;-P

JabberWokker

Nov 10, 2005
Bali
It all sounds good, I hope I can add to the collective and maybe drag my Balinese wife.

I agree with with earlier posts about avoiding pretentious places. You have that back home, and living in Bali is not about that. You may do it for a while when moving here, but it is not worth it. My local/favourite bar is on the beach and very basic. It is great. I am new to living in Bali and loving it, so no expert.

Good friendly people, very cold cheap bintang is what it's about to me.