KIKI

May 24, 2011
Thanks Ronb! That helps me a lot.

Also, I just read somewhere that rats can be a problem?!?! Definitely want to avoid, prevent, etc., this type of infestation. Any others I should be concerned about?

KiKi

sassyoz

May 18, 2011
Bali
Omg

Thanks Ronb! That helps me a lot.

Also, I just read somewhere that rats can be a problem?!?! Definitely want to avoid, prevent, etc., this type of infestation. Any others I should be concerned about?

KiKi

Do NOT under any circumstance get bitten by anything..............especially a dog!
the island is infested with Rabies...............and you need to watch the mozzies............ mmmmmmm they bring Denghie fever............ oh and watch out for the beach touts as they might just over charge you................oh and watch out for the expats..............they KNOW it all
BTW way was there anything else you needed to know b4 you do your homework, make the move to Bali and hit google?
All the best wishes for your journey........

KIKI

May 24, 2011
I knew about the rabies, thx. Had dengue fever 6 months ago in India so now I am immune :icon_biggrin: I'll watch out for those expats, especially the sassy ones...LOL.

Have done extensive research and anything else I have needed to know has been answered by the very kind people on this forum who I greatly appreciate. The rats was a new subject I ran across on a posting I read but no further details were given, just thought someone here would know.

Thanks for the well wishes and your time.

KIKI

May 24, 2011
Just to expand on what I said earlier, I know that I am immune against one possibly two strains of Dengue but can get a different strain. I will take all precautions. :icon_e_smile:

Thank you.

grover

Nov 6, 2002
san diego, ca
Place to stay in Ubud

Hi Kiki,

Another place to check out to stay in Ubud is called Three Dewi's guest house. It's off Jln. Bisma on a small gang, just before the Honeymoon Guest house on the other side of the street. Only 4 room and family run with an upstairs view of the rice fields. I've been staying there for 7 or 8 years on my yearly trips. Price includes breakfast. You might get a break on a monthly rate.