Ground coffee for a coffee maker - Singaraja?

Sydjapan

Jun 7, 2008
Japan
Hi...somewhat trivial, I know, but when I went to Carrefore in Singaraja today, the grinding machine for their coffee beans is broken/gone? Never to return? Possibly? Likely? I don't know of another place to buy coffee in this area that is ground for a coffee maker. Of course, I can drink Bali coffee, but....? Better yet, how about a coffee grinder in this area? If not this area, ay ideas for getting one in the south? ACE or Carrefore, maybe? Thanks in advance....

SHoggard

Nov 28, 2011
Singapore
Shouldn't be too difficult to grind your own for domestic consumption - these days many food mixers have attachments/gizmos specifically to grind coffee, just check the instruction book or side of the box.
Carrefour probably has a few models that do the trick... then you can stop off on your way from Dps, buy your coffee bean at source or even better try to get the dried green bean, shove it on a metal tray in the oven and roast it to your own taste.... the smell is wonderful, and you can get quite creative blending beans roasted at different durations... light roast, dark roast etc before grinding.
It's fun for all the family!!!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
On a similar subject (sorry Sydjapan) but I would love to have a meat grinder - you know the kind where you stuff it in the top and turn the handle and out comes your mince/hamburger from the side. Any ideas there/where?

zoyra

Jun 24, 2010
Bali
On a similar subject (sorry Sydjapan) but I would love to have a meat grinder - you know the kind where you stuff it in the top and turn the handle and out comes your mince/hamburger from the side. Any ideas there/where?
Markit, I think I saw one at Batraco at jalan raya Kuta the other day. The shop is located next to Bali
Bakery. Good luck.