shazam

Jan 17, 2013
www.youtube.com
Hope it's ok to share a short video about Bali which sums up why the island is so special.

[video=youtube;2WYLh8PsbUY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WYLh8PsbUY[/video]

sherm

Nov 17, 2011
Background music just seemed odd to me... However did get a good laugh @ 3:16

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Brilliant film, loved it. If I didn't live here already I'd drop everything and get on a boat, plane, rickshaw, mule or a bike and come.

Sep 20, 2011
Australia
great post. agree music is a bit out of place but great images of bali.

any chance someone recognizes the beach at approx 1:17.. love discovering new beaches to visit :D

bjbjrowe

Apr 13, 2012
Kansas, USA
My 3 year old granddaughter, that is half Balinese and lives in Kansas, loves watching this video. We visited Bali last January and I think this helps keep her limited memories of Bali alive. Makes me want to visit again soon, especially when Kansas is currently so COLD!

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Wow! can't imagine anyone trading Kansas for Bali! Shock, Horror... :O)

Thing I liked about Kansas is that you can see on Sunday who's coming for lunch on Tuesday. (Flat!)

Anbar

Sep 10, 2012
Brilliant film, loved it. If I didn't live here already I'd drop everything and get on a boat, plane, rickshaw, mule or a bike and come.
Booked tickets last night. Arriving 19 march for 2 weeks, If anyone in the Lovina area fancies meeting up for a drink or few.So we can pick your brains about life in North Bali,
Any recommendations for 1. Driver with car. 2. Estate agents. Or any helpful tips would be appreciated .
Many Thanks

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Booked tickets last night. Arriving 19 march for 2 weeks, If anyone in the Lovina area fancies meeting up for a drink or few.So we can pick your brains about life in North Bali,
Any recommendations for 1. Driver with car. 2. Estate agents. Or any helpful tips would be appreciated .
Many Thanks
I live near Lovina with my wife and son. We would be happy to meet up. I would be very happy to have a drink with you and give you the benefit of any knowledge I have. Are you looking to rent or buy? I have a spare car or could find you car and a driver. Could even pick you up from the airport if you don't have any other plans. [I don't work so no big deal].

Anbar

Sep 10, 2012
I live near Lovina with my wife and son. We would be happy to meet up. I would be very happy to have a drink with you and give you the benefit of any knowledge I have. Are you looking to rent or buy? I have a spare car or could find you car and a driver. Could even pick you up from the airport if you don't have any other plans. [I don't work so no big deal].
Cheers Mat ,Will get in touch nearer the time .Many Thanks

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
Hey Mat since when do you do free airport pickups?

I got some people coming in in a week or so and my brother needs a lift on Thursday?

Could you manage to get here about 5ish in the morning, he's on the 7am flight. You could also pick up some breakfast for us all - don't like to get the staff up that early - sure you understand.

Let me know what your schedule's like.

Last edited:

mat

Dec 18, 2008
Singaraja
Hey Mat since when do you do free airport pickups?

I got some people coming in in a week or so and my brother needs a lift on Thursday?

Could you manage to get here about 5ish in the morning, he's on the 7am flight. You could also pick up some breakfast for us all - don't like to get the staff up that early - sure you understand.

Let me know what your schedule's like.
Yes, I understand, staff can be a little grumpy if they don't get a good nights sleep. I would love to help your brother but unfortunately we will be flying out to a friends birthday party on Thursday and we won't be back for 3 weeks. [I didn't say free, I would expect around 100,000 IDR to cover fuel.] Seriously I am happy to help as long as I have nothing else to do. [which is the majority of the time].

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
You're a lovely fella with a beautiful wife and I'm sure, a bouncy baby.

A 3 week long birthday party - and they say you Brits don't know how to party.

Have a good flight.