Dkny888

May 4, 2011
I'm heading to a very remote region of Inner Mongolia Nov 3~Nov 15th for some volunteer work. I'll be outside most of the days and temperatures can drop to -20C range.

I'd like to preferably rent or buy some reasonably priced winter/skiing gear for this trip from someone in Bali. I can leave a deposit if I rent the gear which is my strong preference.

Me: Men's Large size jacket, XL probably best for layering, Waist size ~ 34"
Need any of the following, warm hat, goggles, gloves, jacket, thermal pants, underwear, warm boots Asia size 43, USA size 10.

Really appreciate any consideration you can give to this request.

deskoval @ hotmail.com (edited by moderator to inhibit spam)

Last edited by a moderator:

spicyayam

Jan 12, 2009
Are you stopping through Beijing? I think you can pick up some reasonably priced gear there.

Dkny888

May 4, 2011
Possibly, my time is very tight on inbound so prefer to try to find a Bali solution if possible, thanks though!

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
i have some winter boots rated for use in -25c.....i think they are size 10.lace up work boots, goretex. im home in bali on sunday will double check.

Dkny888

May 4, 2011
Hi Hinakos,

Thanks so much for your reply and I hope you had a great trip! I'm very interested in your boots and any other gear. Please let me know. My number is 0811363861

JohnnyCool

Jan 10, 2009
Sanur
I suggest that you try Eiger Indonesia, either on-line or their main store in Denpasar.

The Denpasar outlet is in Jalan Teuku Umar (sorry, I don't know the exact number).
There is a tiny depot in Ramayana, (but pretty useless). And other one at X-Treme Sports, next to the "climbing wall" beside Kuta Galleria Mall.

Probably the best you're likely to find in Bali.

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
sorry dkny, i just got home to bali and had a closer look, they are brand new winter rated red wings boots, but only usa size 9, europe 42.

probably too small with thich socks added.......but if your still interested let me know.

Ashtanga Andrea

Apr 12, 2012
Maybe check out the Kodok (Frog) Market in Tabanan, a second hand market, and I think I seen some winter stuff there too. Cheap !