Experts for cheap flights from Europe/Austria to Denpasar?

PetraZ

Aug 20, 2005
Austria, Graz
Dear members!

Great to find that network here! Congratulations!

I have been to Bali and Lombok several times and I love the land and the people and the food. :))) I am currently planning my holidays maybe upcoming december in Bali/Lombok. As you are many experts concerning travelling from all over the world to Indonesia I would be very thankful for your suggestions for my flight planning.

At the moment I could fly with Lufthansa and Singapore from Graz-Frankfurt-Singapore-Denpasar. EUR 1050,- at the moment.

Are there any other ideas to get to Bali? Maybe I should try to go to Singapore or Kuala Lumpur and book Merpati from there to Bali or Mataram? Does this work? Is there any other airlin

Would be glad if you do me the favour and share your experiences.

I live in Austria and until the 9th of September I work in Stuttgart during the week. If there is anything I can do for you, so let me know. :)

With my best regards from a cool saturday morning in Graz. Petra

patatje

Nov 30, 2004
belgium, semarang, bali.....
RE: Experts for cheap flights from Europe/Austria to Denpasa

Also from cold Belgium.
We bought tickets (for six months stay) with Gulf Air. We pay 589 euro without taxes ( about 132,00) to Jakarta. We only have to pay them 1 month before we leave. The only 'problem' is that we have to stay in Abu Dhabi app. 3 hours during the night. With two small children. But here in Belgium the tickets with Gulf Air are 200 - 300 euro's cheaper then with Lufthansa, Qantas, KLM..... Maybe they also fly from Austria. And maybe for that price you can fly to Bali. Hope you find something. There are many flights from Jakarta to Bali. You can even book them on arrival in the airport in JKT.
Remember that december is high season in INdonesia.

PetraZ

Aug 20, 2005
Austria, Graz

Dear Patatje!

Thank you very much for the tip http://www.gulfairco.com

A new possibility for me. :D Yes you are right - its high season. December is the only month we can go together and for 4 weeks to Indonesia. I would love to go besides high season.

Wish you and your familiy the best.

Kind regards from Petra, Graz - Austria

Tomas

Mar 5, 2005
China/Sweden

Hi Petra,

I don't know what a ticket to Hong Kong would cost you, but I know that you can pick up really cheap tickets to Denpasar in Hong Kong. You should be able to get a return ticket in Hong Kong from Mannings Travel for about HKD 2000. At times you can get them even cheaper than that.

Thorsten

Nov 30, 2002
Germany

Hi,

flight FRA-HKG-DPS roundtrip with Cathay Pacific in December 733€ +45€ tax

Just have booked it!

Sorry friends, but doesn't make any sense to book an intercontinental flight to KL or HK and then to book another flight with whomever, there is nothing to save.

Petra, don't know if you are really looking for the "cheapest" flight (will include some stops and a lot of time) or a reasonable flight.

All the airlines from the Gulf region are good and cheap, but this means at least two stops for you.
If you are not scared, some "airlines" from eastern europe could be also a cheap option (have met some guys who used this and they had really something to tell afterwards)

For me personally, I would not fly around the half world without visiting one of great the metropolis, such a stopover for some days is always an enrichment.
Singapore, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, so for me I decided to go via HK this time, haven't been there and now I'm really looking forward.

best regards
Thorsten

BTW: If you are interested in the Cathay Pacific option, check out their Stay-A-While programm, the rates for hotels are the cheapest I found during the last 4 weeks on the WWW

PetraZ

Aug 20, 2005
Austria, Graz

Dear Rolf, Thomas and Thorsten!

Big thank you for your suggestions and thougts. I am in process of booking from Frankfurt-Singapore-Denpasar with http://www.yakee.de - flight and hotel is in my case cheaper and the better choice than booking a flight only.

I am deeply impressed of Mrs. Kohring. She is indeed very professional, quick and friendly. :D

Have a good time wherever you are.

Petra

Bhavika

Apr 26, 2010
some airlines among several providing best prices and occasion packages to various destinations. You can find them by online or some of our friends are also posted some tips and ideas find them.

Thanks,
Bhavika

jokko

Jan 20, 2010
turkish airlines

turkish airlines is very cheap at the moment , from gemany to jkt or bali

hinakos

Sep 3, 2008
Bali + Vietnam
my gf just flew back to prague via austria. qatar airways has flights bali-sing-wien return for 730US if booked in advance.

its a non flexi ticket, changes cost 100US

Or Skyscanner, Kayak, etc - most any of those air travel clearing houses. Also check ITA Matrix, which is great for drilling down and seeing details on existing offers. Often, if you see a deal at one of these, check the airline itself and you can sometimes find combo offers - hotel and flight - that is nicely reduced. KLM is goof for that. If you're using a gold Amex (and up) I've had luck with their travel services site as well.
Or just some website with start and end points, the search function gives so many flight options, like https://www.momondo.com/

harryopal1

Jul 20, 2023
There are often very impatient and sarcastic responses to newcomers who have not used search and then ask questions already dealt with 100 times. So it is a bit rough then to criticize someone for opening an old thread where the newcomer has obviously used search for their topic. Yes, we are perhaps mostly older and getting crustier by the day but once we were also virgin forum users.

Markit

Sep 3, 2007
Karangasem, Bali
I don't see anyone really getting slated for opening old threads - it's more in the amusement that the people trained on FB haven't really grasped a real forum can go back to the ice ages.

Reactions: gtrken