Drilling a well- Anyone with experience in this area?

ThomasJohansson

Hello,
We are starting to build our house in Bali in a few months. We are considering to drill a well. Our plot is on ca 60 m (Jimbaran/Bukit area). Does anyone have any experience in drilling a well? Do you know about any reliable contractor that can do this?
I appriciate any ideas i can get!!

Best Regards / Thomas

Hello,
We are starting to build our house in Bali in a few months. We are considering to drill a well. Our plot is on ca 60 m (Jimbaran/Bukit area). Does anyone have any experience in drilling a well? Do you know about any reliable contractor that can do this?
I appriciate any ideas i can get!!

Best Regards / Thomas

After buying pumps and materials and days of work our well builders have built us a dry well. You might want to be careful about your agreement with your well builder in case the worst happens.
For us it didn't really matter though. Our main source of water will be rainwater from the roof. We know we'll love it because we've used it in the past. There are rainwater tank threads on BaliPod if you're interested in that possibility.
As a backup we'll be connected to town water but hopefully won't need to use it.

After buying pumps and materials and days of work our well builders have built us a dry well. You might want to be careful about your agreement with your well builder in case the worst happens.
For us it didn't really matter though. Our main source of water will be rainwater from the roof. We know we'll love it because we've used it in the past. There are rainwater tank threads on BaliPod if you're interested in that possibility.
As a backup we'll be connected to town water but hopefully won't need to use it.

Thanks again, I am sorry to hear that your well was dry!! I like the idea to use rainwater as a backup for our well (if it become dry....:)...But I do not believe the rainwater will be enough on Jimbaran/Bukit, unless there is a rainy season. I think its raining more in Ubud?

Wells are a funny old thing; if you are near a rice paddy then the water table will be fairly high, meaning you don't need to go down more than 4 or 5 meters to hit lots of water. If you are away from the farming area than anything is possible - even dry wells but that is part of the danger. Best is to ask your neighbours what depth they have water.

If it's the 4/5 meter depth you can get the locals to dig it for you at about 100,000/ meter but you need to supply cement pipes (80 - 100 cm). If you need to go lower I've been quoted the full motor drill system for about 30 juta (shock, horror) but I've heard here on the forum from those that have gotten it much cheaper - but the danger is that all you get for your money is sand... good luck.

This thread is over 2 years old so if you are asking the OP then don't hold your breath for the answer. Polyanna is still about but hasn't joined in in quite a while.

Back